When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble with an Ebay Sale - PAM111

concealed

Hey Guys,

I recently sold an E Series PAM 111 that I am certain is authentic.  The buyer did not like the scratches that were on the crystal (which in fairness to him, I didn't overtly disclose, but I thought they were consistent with age and wear), so he took it to a local shop in a mall in Manila that is claiming that the item is not authentic.  Mind you, this is not a large operation, it is a very small kiosk in a mall, not an authorized dealer by any means.  

Here is the eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panerai-PAM00111-111-Engraved-Grafitti-Mvt-2002-Series-E-Painted-Dial-RARE-/282377495955?rd=1  Do any of you think that this is actually fake?  Had it for a few years, never had a problem, has a matching certificate and all correct period E Series details (smaller CG, swan neck regulator, painted dial)...

I have advised him to take it the local repair shop affiliated with Lucerne (a large dealer) http://lucerneluxe.com/watch-care-service/ and am waiting to hear back.

Such a drag for me!  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks gentlemen. 

I'm no Panny expert
But an eBay one maybe more

In any case, ask for many pictures etc, keep tracks of all mails exchanges with this guy, and eventually if he manages to get a certificate etc from the local dealer (which he won't have), Ppal could only ask him to ship it back to you.

That is the only way for him to force Ppal to accept to reverse the transaction in matter of NADI claim.
In this eventuality, please videorecord the reopening of the package when you receive it, in front of postal employee, to prevent you from any fraud attempt (empty package, brick shipped, fake watch instead)
Cheers

• Like 1

That's my greatest fear.  He seems reasonable, but is obviously [censored] because the local shop told him it was not original.  Granted it, it is not on the original strap and it is a rare older model (painted sausage dial, slimmer crownguard, etc), but come on, it has the correct swan neck regulator, matching serial number / authenticity card, etc.  Just frustrating!

• 2 months later...