When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm so disappointed in eBay and PayPal right now

tyrantblade

I tried both if them for help to expedite a refund in a clear cut case of fraud, and they said they believe me but have to give the seller rights (including almost 2 weeks to respond and stall my refund by any means necessary); so here I am having to wait possibly 2 weeks for a refund when the seller sent a magazine instead of a ps4 pro.

Please pass the below video along, hopefully it will cause people to take caution and maybe avoid ebay and paypal a lot more often as they don't deserve people's business if they give more rights to fraudulent sellers instead of honest buyers.

3 hours ago, candyhandcraft said:

Mind sharing the Ebay auction to see their terms of the listing. Most ebay listing are covered by Ebay. Just open a case about non-described item against them even if they don't accept return.

The problem is I'm supposed to wait 11 days when I've clearly been scammed, they care more about giving fraudulent sellers a chance to explain themselves than anything else

36 minutes ago, tyrantblade said:

The problem is I'm supposed to wait 11 days when I've clearly been scammed, they care more about giving fraudulent sellers a chance to explain themselves than anything else

I also got scammer on Ebay. There are a lot of them out there. You can call Ebay if you want it faster. Don't forget to take photos of every single proof. That scammer will be eliminated.

can always contact your credit card company. assuming you paid by credit card through paypal. your CC can rule above them if it is fraud and will give you a whole bunch of other options. you may even be protected from fraud by visa or mastercard. no need to even deal with paypal if they wont play ball

8 minutes ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

can always contact your credit card company. assuming you paid by credit card through paypal. your CC can rule above them if it is fraud and will give you a whole bunch of other options. you may even be protected from fraud by visa or mastercard. no need to even deal with paypal if they wont play ball

I already did, but I'm still gonna give paypal hell 

1 hour ago, candyhandcraft said:

I also got scammer on Ebay. There are a lot of them out there. You can call Ebay if you want it faster. Don't forget to take photos of every single proof. That scammer will be eliminated.

Ebay doesn't give a damn due to a technical error that they won't admit is a technical error

13 minutes ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

what do you mean?

Paid for the item, got a refund when I realized I used the wrong card, then I used the right card and paid again.

I've done something very similar before and it always autocorrects to the last thing, which was that I paid for it.

Basically I paid for the item twice and got one refund, so the item is still paid for, but for them it only shows up as me getting a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a message from paypal on the 24th saying refund was transferring, but I guess it's not going to (i guess because credit card company credited my account, just doesn't seem like that from a numbers standpoint); I will never buy anything for over $100 on ebay/through paypal again, worst service ever.