When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold Replicas

Btwn68n70

"Would it be an easy tell if a gold rep is worn?"

On gold plated watches the sharp edges tend to wear first along with the bezel area and bracelet where it contacts desks, tables etc.  Look at the watch under bright light with a magnifier to find wear spots and discoloration, it is fairly easy to tell.  Wear on gold plated cases is usually easier to spot than with steel cases that can be polished to hide light wear.

I get this same question with replica jewelry, the simple answer is that in most cases the genuine is plated too and usually the replica is plated well enough to last....if you wear them the same way as a gen which many do not.

Ken

I did have a gold rep VC, the gold started to come of the caseback due to moisture.......:bangin:

I no longer wear Yellow or Pink gold watches they be replica or genuine (save my inherted pocket watch and vintage gold plated Longines after my grandfather and father respectively)

I find that these watches are mainly for the ones that want other to KNOW that they are rich. New money kind of.

Edited by gran