When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Milgauss 1019 build ver 2

JSebWC

As my first build started off as a 1019 build but has switched to my 6542 build. I still wanted to build a 1019.

Was doing some cleaning and sorting some things around my office. I came across this old watch. It was an explorer II from Ali that I had forgot about. Was gonna toss it. But then thought. Hey. This could be the 1019 build.

The case is quite nice. Squared case sides nice bevels a good size. It's 39 mm which I like and most importantly. It will fit the 29mm Yuki dial

I will give it the same treatment I did with the 1655 case. Shave crown guards. Drill lugs. Which will be tricky since there are not pierced. And I will need to sand down the rehault as it has the Rolex engravings. I will sand down the bezel smooth I will find a better crystal or shave the cyclops off if.

Just need to fit dial and hands to the movement and it should work out nicely. . Stay tuned !!

b47f520544c1b63246bb2892c0a63b44.jpgce9c56ed2cb5b741fbbde5c177db651d.jpgd48867a56c62ed20b4b1c9aae7452178.jpg

c5358bbc965c79b6cf0996a32541ef2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Finally found some time last night to do some case work. Shaved the CG. Sanded and polished the case and the. Rough sanded the bezel to remove the engraved numerals and markers from the exp 2 bezel. Managed to maintain the nice bevels in the case.

Next is to finish sand the bezel and attempt to drill the lug holes. Does anyone have any suggestions? @jmb. I have a drill press and a vice. Do I angle the case slightly and go from the inside out or mark and punch the outside lugs and hope for the best ? 285bbfad02d89b30b43e9860e9d9ebd5.jpg

Update: Finally found some time last night to do some case work. Shaved the CG. Sanded and polished the case and the. Rough sanded the bezel to remove the engraved numerals and markers from the exp 2 bezel. Managed to maintain the nice bevels in the case.

Next is to finish sand the bezel and attempt to drill the lug holes. Does anyone have any suggestions? [mention=24124]jmb[/mention]. I have a drill press and a vice. Do I angle the case slightly and go from the inside out or mark and punch the outside lugs and hope for the best ? 285bbfad02d89b30b43e9860e9d9ebd5.jpg

If there are not holes already, one almost has to have a jig to hold the case and a better than average drill press with zero slop in the shaft.

JMB is a machinist by trade and can do it and get it back to you quickly. I have used him several times.
  • Like 1