When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Information on Yuki 3135 movement and original Rolex spare parts

MAHLER

I have read in these years that there would be compatibility between the Yuki 3135 clone movement and genuine 3135 Rolex spare parts. So I would like to know if anybody did this upgrade and precisely if the following gen spare parts are compatible with Yuki:

- spare parts reference 410;
- ref. 130
- ref. 140
- ref. 201
- ref. 250
- ref. 260
- ref. 280
- ref. 305
- ref. 307
- ref. 335
- ref. 360
- ref. 451
- ref. 540
- ref. 5100

Thank you all for your help.

I'll share what I have found. I am in the process of combining a yuki and a 3135 to try and get 1 working 3135. See responses below.

- ref 410 (escape wheel); the yuki seems to fit the gen plate and bridge. Haven't tested for working yet but it looks promising
- ref. 130 (winding bridge). Yes and you can use the wheel and core from either yuki or gen in this plate both fit and function
- ref. 140 (automatic works bridge) yes and you can use either tiki or gen parts in this both fit.
- ref. 201 (winding stem) yes original stem fits and works
- ref. 250 (setting wheel) I don't think these fit with the yuki cover plate/yuki yoke. See my next post below for more in depth discussion
- ref. 260 (minute wheel) yes this fits
- ref. 280 (hour wheel) yes this fits
- ref. 305 (ratchet wheel) yes this fits
- ref. 307 (barrel arbor) yes this or the whole barrel assembly (ref's 310, 307, 311) is interchangeable from gen to yuki
- ref. 335 (min and cannon pinion)  I had some issues with fitment with the bridge that holds in the min pinion you will have to get the gen min pinion bridge (ref 125) I believe it is due to different shoulder heights on min pinion and different jewel bushing size in the gen bridge vs yuki. Also found that the canon pinion gen doesn't fit on the yuki min pinion. Too loose fitment at least on mine.
- ref. 360 (seconds wheel) yes this fits
- ref. 451 (bridle for stud support) This should be ok but I didn't try. No real benefit as it looks exactly the same as yuki and the actual job is just to hold the spring stud which is definitely different between yuki and gen.  I did not try but I do not believe the balance bridge of the gen can be adapted to use with the yuki balance and stud support.  I think this would be too much trouble than it is worth to try.
- ref. 540 (Reversing wheel) yes this fits.  You will need two :)
- ref. 5100 (case clamp screw) yes this fits.  Honestly there really is no need or visible difference to go fully gen.  Pick up any of the aftermarket 3135-5100's on ebay and they work just fine.

Hope that helps let me know if you have any questions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by Dawagner
Added full names to reference numbers to help tell what they are
  • Like 1

Sorry yes I forgot to finish my thought on Ref 250,

I found that the intermediate wheels are different from yuki to gen.  The yuki ones have a shoulder on one of them that fits up into the plate (ref 268) pictured below whereas the gen ones are captured by the plate.  If you want gen intermediate wheels you should change out the whole plate mechanism cover.  Also the intermediate date wheel and date finger have different sized pivots as @Jigelow mentioned above.

Getting into the keyless works the yoke (ref 266) may be needed as well if you want Gen Ref 250's due to the difference in the wheels as described above.  The keyless Yoke ref 240 fits just fine but then the jumper for setting lever ref 230 has an extra bulge along one side that the yuki plate does not have space for (at least on mine) so this is not useable.  Also on my plate I found that all these fit snugly on the post on the plate and are not easy to remove when installed.  The Setting lever Ref 220 fits just fine as well as the spring for setting lever Ref 225.

cover plate.png

• Like 1