When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking for a sterile dial submariner

totalwise

Question

Hi

I'm looking for a sterile dial submariner to buy, im guessing parnis. Unfortunately parnis is so varied and differs so much from seller to seller that I have no clue where to buy from.

I'm not into reps, I have cleared out my rep collection and gone into seiko, oris, hamilton etc. But I do love the submariner look especially the smaller 40mm versions.

Anyone know a source that makes high quality reproductions?

6 answers to this question

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4122570

You could get yourself over to the best thread, and home to a great bunch of Sub lovers - aka "The Brotherhood".

Somewhere in the 20 part thread series you'll find as much info about Sterile and Sub homages as any other place. We even have our own BSHT logo and many builders on there.

An example... started as a Tiger Concept (good shout Sogeha) 5513...1dcf3ae108d15edd534acd842692aaf4.jpgbc968df135a24596b02e7f773ca9ea6a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi

I think squale, kiger, ntk etc are just overpriced. Kiger touches $1000 for a complete submariner knock off. It's a bit silly paying that sort of price for an unoriginal design, I'm sure the workmanship is excellent and all that but come on, for that some of money you can get a completely original swiss watch from a respectable brand like hamilton or oris.

I was more thinking of black/grey market watches like parnis which will sell you direct from china for £150 tops (around $180). Or better sub $100.

@totalwise gotcha... you could do worse than check out Ray Wong (can't remember his handle but is on eBay) he does a sterile Milsub with drilled lugs, Miyota or really Tiger Concept are the best options outside of sterile Parnis (ooh that sounds painful).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk