When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No More DHL Shipping from TD's?

mrsoundman

I just ordered a Blue Pelagos from InTime and paid $38 extra for expedited shipping via DHL.  After I approved my QC images, I get the following additional message "Shipping to your address via DHL is no longer safe, can you accept shipment via USPS?"

Man this sucks, I loved DHL shipping as I would receive my watches in like 3 days!  I'm still waiting to hear back what specific USPS service (Express, Priority or First Class) they are proposing to use...  But, I'm pretty confident it will be wayyyy slower than the usual DHL service....  :angry2:

Just a heads up for anyone ordering a watch and hoping to use DHL.

On a side note:  I reached out to Mary last week about this same watch and she said the same thing about DHL shipping (a week earlier) and clearly I should have listened and ordered it from her -  and saved some money.  I went with InTime because I figured I could use DHL one last time..  So much for that idea...

Good luck.

Never had much luck with DHL.  Last straw...paid $50 or $60 for 3 day 'guaranteed delivery' on a 1016 dial from Denmark and it took a month and two trips around the world.  Package looked like it had been shot out of a cannon.  Dial was Ok thanks to the metal cup it was in.  No discount on shipping.  No apology.  Said they delivered it, Ka-Bang!  Dial tone.....................

Never again.  F'em.

Holding back.  Trying to be nice on here.   :pimp:

1 hour ago, bangsters said:

I'd rather use a slower service with less chance of getting seized. Lately a significant amount of shipmenta from members have been seized via dhl.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of this.  I've never had any issues in 5 purchases w/ DHL.  

@automatico Oh man, that sounds like an ordeal.  I was always worried the idiots at USPS would destroy and/or loose my package coming from China...  And I figured DHL would take better care.  Guess we'll see when it arrives.

I would bet that there is another big push by the genuine manufacturers to stop the rep trade. They push hard, and companies like DHL, FEDEX and UPS don't want to buck these companies that spend a lot of dollars on shipping. Not surprising, the mid to high end manufacturers are getting their teeth kicked in right now. Watch sales are down by double digit numbers and they have lots of inventory that's going begging. They see every rep sale as a lost sale for them!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In time said same thing to me late last year. If you still want DHL, just tell then you'll accept the risk if it get stolen and that you won't purse a replacement from them. They'll ship it then.

Success with THE largely depends on what part of the country you are in.

You can be in Florida and have every watch seized or you can be in Eastern Ohio like me and receive over 50 pieces in 4 years without a hitch.

If you have had no problems then keep using them.

Additionally, tswatch or chazingtime will ship DHL no questions, that way you can still be covered in event of seizure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, liamerai91 said:

In time said same thing to me late last year. If you still want DHL, just tell then you'll accept the risk if it get stolen and that you won't purse a replacement from them. They'll ship it then.

Success with THE largely depends on what part of the country you are in.

You can be in Florida and have every watch seized or you can be in Eastern Ohio like me and receive over 50 pieces in 4 years without a hitch.

If you have had no problems then keep using them.

Additionally, tswatch or chazingtime will ship DHL no questions, that way you can still be covered in event of seizure

That's good to know.  I don't really want to take any risks on this purchase, so I'll just wait the 2 weeks for USPS. 

50 pieces in 4 years, that's awesome.  Let's see some photos of that collection!  :inverted:

33 minutes ago, panerai153 said:

I would bet that there is another big push by the genuine manufacturers to stop the rep trade. They push hard, and companies like DHL, FEDEX and UPS don't want to buck these companies that spend a lot of dollars on shipping. Not surprising, the mid to high end manufacturers are getting their teeth kicked in right now. Watch sales are down by double digit numbers and they have lots of inventory that's going begging. They see every rep sale as a lost sale for them!!

I wouldn't be surprised.  That whole notion that every rep sale is a lost sale of a genuine watch is such BS.  Reminds me of the similar insane thinking around pirated music years ago.. 

I wouldn't be surprised.  That whole notion that every rep sale is a lost sale of a genuine watch is such BS.  Reminds me of the similar insane thinking around pirated music years ago.. 

40-50
Fortunately, that 40-50 (or more? I dont even know) was a revolving number. I think the most I've had at one point was 15-20 which is still too silly. I. Actually finally selling off most and going gen.

3afa54a04b69daeb5b4c3ddcae55888d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh as a dealer let me assure you that when you are told not to use a certain service there is a good reason.

I will ship via DHL if a customer wishes, and willing to pay, however there is no good reason to do so and EMS/USPS usually reaches within 5 days anyway.

Shipping these goods are always in a state of flux, what works well today may be terrible tomorrow, for this reason I tend to leave the decision with the shipping agent as he is the one with the ear to the ground.

Ken

All good points Ken.  I sent Ryan an email last night and basically said just ship me the watch using the safest method and left it up to their discretion.  They ended up choosing DHL.  I've ordered several watches from him in the last couple months and didn't have any issues with DHL, so perhaps in the end they figured it would all work out..?  We'll see...

I have learned a lot through this entire process.  I will definitely respect vendors shipping recommendations more now...  I just personally hold a grudge against USPS for some of the shitty things they've done with packages that I've sent nationally and internationally in the past.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DHL are a nightmare these days, for the first time ever, a DHL package from Prof has been held for customs clearance for a few days, without any explanation as to why, its now been released today, but due to this delay, I need to ship a customers watch to him once done to his vacation address as he's now away on holidays.