When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC 16610LV thinking of selling

monga

Please note this not a for sale post! 

Hi all its been a long while since I've been in this site.

anyway I'm thinking if actually selling one of my most prized reps.

an opportunity came up to buy a Gen at a great price.

so help me out.

It is a TC 16610 LV Ver 3 that's been modified

no engraving anywhere 

the ver 3's were still made with GEN ETA movements 

has a GEN 16610LV bezel insert (flat 4) 

A V5 clasp

And the KH 16610 LV dial, hands, and DWO

Has normal wear but no major flaws

Am I crazy to think this beauty is worth at least  $1500? 

Let me me know what you guys think 

and please don't PM me offering to buy. If I decide to actually sell I will post in the classifieds 

Edited by monga

The TC v3 isnt that spectacular compared to the later versions. The v3 has the tiny lady ETA 2678 wich can be had for about $50 preowned. In my oppinion the real value here is that gen flat 4 LV insert which is worth around $1000 in good condition. Id say $1200 is reasonable with the right buyer that is.

Not sure what I was thinking, got confused with another rep I have. It's a pointed 4 bezel insert not a flat, 

also, yes it's a v3 but the v5 bracelet and clasp plus the KH dial and hands make it look awesome. Regardless thank you all to everyone who responded, maybe $1,200 is a better value. Still on the fence about selling it. 

Not sure what I was thinking, got confused with another rep I have. It's a pointed 4 bezel insert not a flat, 
also, yes it's a v3 but the v5 bracelet and clasp plus the KH dial and hands make it look awesome. Regardless thank you all to everyone who responded, maybe $1,200 is a better value. Still on the fence about selling it. 

The reason for the high value on the flat 4 insert is because the insert is discountinued and very sought after by collectors as the true 50's anniversary mk1 y-serial 16610LV had the flat 4 while the rest (mk2-8 with an exception for mk3) used the pointed 4 insert. So without the flat 4 insert i dont think that the watch will sell at $1,200. Just to give you an perspective on what the TC's use to go for id say a regular stock TC 16610LN v6 can be had for $600~ and a 16610LN v6 franken with gen crown, tube, insert and crystal is about $1,200-$1,500. I bought a 16610LN v3 a year ago with gen insert and gen crown for $450.

Im not saying that $1,200 is the right or wrong figure, just that it would look like profiteering to me compared to what it actually is. But it all comes down to what people are willing to pay in the end.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, capre said:

The reason for the high value on the flat 4 insert is because the insert is discountinued and very sought after by collectors as the true 50's anniversary mk1 y-serial 16610LV had the flat 4 while the rest (mk2-8 with an exception for mk3) used the pointed 4 insert. So without the flat 4 insert i dont think that the watch will sell at $1,200. Just to give you an perspective on what the TC's use to go for id say a regular stock TC 16610LN v6 can be had for $600~ and a 16610LN v6 franken with gen crown, tube, insert and crystal is about $1,200-$1,500. I bought a 16610LN v3 a year ago with gen insert and gen crown for $450.

Im not saying that $1,200 is the right or wrong figure, just that it would look like profiteering to me compared to what it actually is. But it all comes down to what people are willing to pay in the end.

All very good points. That's a great deal you got on the V3 with the gen insert, tube and crown. Anyway if I decide I'll probably price it lower and be very open to negotiation. Here are some pics taken with a crappy iPhone 

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

All very good points. That's a great deal you got on the V3 with the gen insert, tube and crown. Anyway if I decide I'll probably price it lower and be very open to negotiation. Here are some pics taken with a crappy iPhone 

What a beauty! If i were you id just keep it. Its a piece of rep history and a very enjoyable piece. Just set a price that you are comfortable with and if there are no takers it might be because the price is to high and just drop it until it sells or you decide to keep it.

2 hours ago, capre said:

What a beauty! If i were you id just keep it. Its a piece of rep history and a very enjoyable piece. Just set a price that you are comfortable with and if there are no takers it might be because the price is to high and just drop it until it sells or you decide to keep it.

Thanks, yeah that KH high dial and handset really make it (GEN insert helps too).  Maybe if I can I'll scrape up the funds to buy the GEN and stick it in the safe lol 

"If I were you I'd just keep it."

Good advice.  In 2 or 3 years you will miss it.

I kept a couple 'nos' F520117 swisseta 'noobmariners' from 10 or 12 years ago.  Glad I did.  Now they are repli-classics. 

Sort of...   :pimp:

One that I traded away in 2005 came in last week for a new crown.  Twelve years with one c/o and a crown.  Not bad.

noobmariner story:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=5622