When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB - Any TC Parts, mid-cases, bezels, dials, hands, and bracelets

SSTEEL

I don't see TC being a brand name, so anyone can assemble a TC build. What's Thomas going to do - take you to court? 

Leave the vendetta next door and play nicely and you're welcome to stay guys - you know who you are. 

• Like 3

"That's not strictly correct is it now, it's only a Rolex when it's built in their factory, buying all the bits and bobs separately and cobbling them together on your kitchen table doesn't make it a Rolex, only the real deal comes with their papers, same as the TC comes with his. Taking advantage of TC's good name is just poor form really."

You are stepping on toes.  This is not VRF.  ;)

I also see a flaw in the statement above. 

If I buy a rolex 1520 movement on eBay or somewhere (no serial numbers on 1520), a used genuine Air King case, dial, hands, case tube, crown, plus crystal, and put it all together...how is it not the 'real deal'?

Matter of fact I have a couple AKs made up this way.  They look genuine to me and they will go through any 'official' rolex repair depot.

I have owned a few hundred genuine rolex watches in the last 40+ years (no $hit) and maybe 30 or 40 had papers.  I am sure some of them were 'put together watches'.

They all were rolex watches just the same.

By the way...
Not all of us 'cobble' watches together.  Some of us are pretty damn good at it.   :pimp:

• Like 2

As far as is known TC is out of the rep game (and we will say no more in regard by his request)If there as some of his great parts around and watches are built no harm no foul. If misiekeped had some TC parts around and built one I doubt some of those who commented here would have anything to say. Until such time TC contacts me and has a problem w/ this there is a market so I will let the market work.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spen said:

why don't you buy direct from where TC got his or is that beyond your thinking

No need to be snarky on this forum.

TC has not revealed where he gets his parts from, only general areas (e.g. KH dial from UK, Pennsylvania Bezel, Chinese case)

A customer of mine maybe selling his TC that is currently with me, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Its a V5, bracelet, and mid-case refinished by myself, and new genuine LEC & AR crystal fitted, plus bezel assembly serviced.  LMK if interested, pm me, and I will forward details.

• 2 weeks later...