When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roger Dupuis

Fig1

Can you post a photo? I am very interested in the model that you have (I have 5 of them atm)

There are springbars which keep the strap in place at the lugs. You should be able to pull the springbar easilly on one of the sides and then the strap will be easilly taken down.

2/5 that I own..

ea8d17d3310a97ca8abc0e5d489db355.jpg
7cc3181e0ce823daecfef910e7d10f2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnx for the update. That's a too busy dial for me and having the fake subdials, non functioning side pushers it is not a model for me. Pity there are no super reps of simple models of Ex. I still have one more on the way to me which is by far the best one in terms of simplicity as far as I can see and that I've find among the available reps.

9ef9390e66262d4bc4f3e34b12276478.jpg

For the strap change look for the springbar tool and buy one since it will make your life easier for the change of straps. Since the springbars can easilly brake (depending on the quality) buy yourself a couple of sets of replacement springbar screws in order to have the replacement in case one breaks..

One Q, did you buy a custom made leather strap? Do you have a picture?

Yes.. I got the strap from Turkey.. I will let you know how good it is when it arrives... P.s all chrono functions on my watch work.. but I do like your back one.. a bit simpler looking 

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly, even they do work I don't understand their functional meaning (subdials) and the dial overall is too busy (date, two subdials at 3-9, faux tourbillon cage at 6). This is why I prefer the simple, clean dials. There is one excellent rep of the RD being sold on another rep forum (what dealers advertise as 1:1, been considering it but being a chrono I still hesitate to pull the trigger).

I am looking forward to see how the custom strap will turn out to be, hopefully the maker has some knowledge about RD straps since they have to be arched properly in order to "follow" the line of the case/lugs..the best would be to provide the strapmaker with the rep strap and then he can replicate it..

Hi dadog13 .. the strap arrived and is a perfect fit, with excellent quality.. I just can't do up the clasp bar screw.. can't find the hole... will take it to a watch maker soon.. I'll just give it one more try.7b7dbad43c47bb8aab2714af6c300b22.jpgIMG_2363.JPGIMG_2364.JPG

@Fig1 tnx for sharing the photos. I received in the meantime my 3rd Excalibur which has the similar leather strap however I like more a rubber one than this faux (or at least cheap) leather straps. I'll have to see a bit what the strapmakers can make for me (sending the replica strap out to somebody for a reproduction).

2e390256d1e99a065063334223176445.jpg
1bee00c520545dc3e34216e120470027.jpg
85a0ce7292f527484aaa9b4df312a7ce.jpg
bcb6d314f7d6e3414cb2dc4e5464fee1.jpg

Great .. thanks for the link.. I wouldn't get the rubber strap if I was you.. they break easily after time.. I had one and that's why I had to get the leather one.. but the rubber did last nine years!