When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SD 4000 Ceramic 116600 just died :( where to get movement?

watchnutz

Ok so my SD 4000 ceramic 116600 just stopped working out of the blue, I've been noticing that the rotor has been acting weird the past 2 days and today no more ticking. I can manually wind it but nothing happens, I can shake the watch and hear the rotor going around, but nothing happens. I feel the spring getting tighter as I hand wind it, but no love.

Wondering what should I do, I was thinking to just buy a new replacement movement and be done with it, i figured having this movement repaired isn't going to be any better/worse than buying a new one no?  Any help / ideas would help, thanks!   I've had this watch for a little over a year now.

First do the above! In case you can't fix it yourself:

Option 1: bring it to a good watchsmith that works on reps (extremly important) and have it properly serviced and oiled. Should last and hold up very well afterwards

Option 2: get a brand new swiss eta, switch dial and hands. Finito and enjoy for a loooong time

Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the replacement movement for this watch and where would I find it? I looked inside I saw a broken tooth on a reduction wheel or a ratchet wheel (dont know which is which)   But also the balance spring seems tightly wound.

The other option is service, however I'm on long island, and haven't a clue where I'd be able to bring my movement in for service, the movement is an ETA clone, its actually jeweled and super clean on the inside, despite the broken tooth, and other unknown problems deeper down.