When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me identyfing this insert

sputim

Got this insert and it is supposedly from a 5513. What is weird tho, is that it has a glass pearl. Nevertheless, it is smaller than a 16610 insert for instance (see photo). Quality wise I would 100% say it is gen. Very solid (as all my gen inserts), perfect pearl and nice sheen and numbers. Was there ever a 5513 that used an insert with glass cladded pearl? I did my research but couldn't find an answer. Every help is appreciated :)

6ef166071dbb5e7094893500f9da4cdb.jpg4527a87255b9396de1bf045729bb16e2.jpgf15168920f137b2ef27c1d3030e814f3.jpg79a1431bcf8071b15f7a5e94d2dcaf3f.jpg3b8a084f2aa35567fd4e024759a723b0.jpg927c9aeef13f89f827a9b3740383271f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if its the light, but from your photos, the pearl looks slightly too far to the right, check the metal housing of the sapphire, as said, it could be the angle/light though.

Don't know if its the light, but from your photos, the pearl looks slightly too far to the right, check the metal housing of the sapphire, as said, it could be the angle/light though.

You are right it is minimal to the right but almost impossible to see with the naked eye and probably still within gen tolerance. Looking at it very closely and also compared to my other gen 16610 insert the pearl loos perfect (superior lumed than tc's latest insert).

Maybe the sapphire has been fitted by a previous owner due to losing the original?

Thought about this as well, but the hole on the back has the perfect size and no glue residuals or similar whatsoever...

3 hours ago, Sub007 said:

That´s a Sea Dweller insert 

You could be right there, I disregarded a seadweller under the impression they all had minute markers, but the early ones didn't.

Thanks for your input mate. So same dimension as 14060..how do you see the difference betweend sd and 14060 insert?

You're welcome

This blocked - squashed 4 is only on the Sea Dweller. 14060 would have a flat or pointed 4 but always long 4 and not cut in half.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

You're welcome

This blocked - squashed 4 is only on the Sea Dweller. 14060 would have a flat or pointed 4 but always long 4 and not cut in half.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Great info! So it is not a flat 4 insert?