When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you know Chronoshop ? Famous French Rolex parts seller...haha !!!

Just to show you how this guy based in France is a thief, here is an exemple of a gen 16610 chrystal gasket for sale on his website; please look at his price and comment !!!  :partytime:

https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/4804-rolex-factory-watches-sapphire-cyclope-crystalsubmariner-date-16800-16610-168000-16613-16618-ø3060mm.html

• Like 1

Funnily enough I was just looking today at a listing for an "amazing" 16800 dial.

https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/dials/5772-rolex-vintage-amazing-glossy-tropical-spider-web-dial-16800-168000-16610-submariner-date-tritium-creamy-color-cal-3035.html?search_query=Dial+16800&results=4309

If amazing means fooked, then yes it is.

$795 

• Like 1

Okay, so I think we can all hazard a guess as to how this dial came to be separated from it's original watch. It seems to be a common theme with Rolex parts in particular that the contents of some retired watchmakers wastebin is offered for sale at more than the cost of parts in decent condition. Emperor's new clothes?

Totally agree with you...selling these parts is a bulshit and how can you describe this dial as a great opportunity to get a collectible thing....:nono:

What makes this dial looks like a great piece to buy is the selling price...i mean that if chronoshop decided to sell it at 1500 euros some buyers would jump immediatly with the feeling of beeing THE man who got the luck to catch this piece of shit :inverted:

I was looking because I have it in mind to build a 16800 that has had a hard life. My fantasy back story is that it was found on the beach after many years, the case has a sort of worn and over polished look and the dial is damaged, maybe some or all of the lume has fallen out of the hands. I think it would be an interesting piece. I saw the dial and thought, "great, a franken build with a genuine dial". A hundred Bucks or maybe one fifty and that would have been mine. For the price he is after, I'll be using a Yuki dial and some creative mayhem. As to putting that in a genuine Rolex, well there was a reason it was taken out in the first place.

• Like 1

What has happened with that dial?

It looks like it's been burnt, the paint is cracked to crazy, bits missing, peeling off, but all the text is new and painted on top of the "burnt" paint.

Have they taken a burnt dial and painted the logo & text back on to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2015 I was looking for a genuine 24-V50 1665 escape valve to compare with what came in Paul/Abay 1665/5514.  A used one on Chronoshop was over $200USD.  Plus shipping.

Bought one new in the package for less than $50 on eBay. 

Btw...the Abay valve assembly is oem spec. 

I made a few but can not find them.  They must have ran away with my 8115 balance stop springs.  I put a BOLO out.

• Like 2

Just looked at some of his Seamaster dials and WTF! The prices he's trying to charge for junk - mostly common junk. I'd rather gamble on the likes of eBay! 

I love the idea of an emergency watch, but Quartz??? What were you expecting? The zombie apocalypse? Losing your right arm and movement in the left, so you were unable to wind?

What to do when you find yourself naked is simple. Walk into the AD and buy something. It is a purchase that is already justified 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/tropic/4691-rolex-incredible-rarest-vintage-genuine-used-tropic-superdome-18-submariner6536-james-bond-007-rare-cristal-watch.html?search_query=T39&results=77

Just hover on the first photo and the package reads...PA462-20A, right a crystal that costs $10.50

Edited by nick1972

INCREDIBLE & RAREST VINTAGE GENUINE USED TROPIC SUPERDOME 18

795,00 €

I'm rich!  I have 3 of them...$790 Euro X 3 = $2670 USD!

"...PA462-20A, right a crystal that costs $10.50"

Maybe not so rich after all.  Mine are in GS envelopes. 

Rats. 

But they are new.  :pimp:     

I do have 3 new sealed in plastic genuine 25-21.  :)    What are they going for now?

3 years ago I bought a faded sub insert from him. The value is fair for a faded one except the insert wasn't faded. I compared my black one with the one I received and it was pretty much the same shade. On the photos, I have no idea what he had done, but it was faded. Anyhow I made the mistake of not reading his T&Cs and I had lost the cost of postage (both to and return) and 10% of the value of the item. I posted my experience on VRF and the mods had removed it saying it was in appropriate. I will never buy from him again.