When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner

XM195

Question

Hello fellow members.
I've just registered, and I'd like to ask you a question. I know that maybe such questions are common here, but I have a serious dilema.
I have 19cm wrist, will submariner look ok on me?
Anyway, I wanted to buy V7 Submariner from N. What do you think about it? I've found a video HERE and it looks marvelous. There are some retailers selling them online, but maybe you happen to know trusted retailers?
But I've also found site called iSwiss, on which they sell V7 really cheap but it's NOT RECOMMENDED and there are several comments saying N. replicas are bad. What do you think?
Kind regards for everyone!

11 answers to this question

What looks okay on your wrist is as much a matter of personal opinion as anything else. My wrist is 17cm or thereabouts and I wear Submariners more than anything else. I have a brother here who's wrists are if anything slimmer than mine and he wears Pams and Royal Oaks. Try a similar size watch on and see how you feel about it.

As to online dealers who are not a TD on any of the forums, be very, very wary. Some will just take your money and send nothing, others show photographs of genuine watches and send a very poor copy, some claim Swiss made, which is without exception a lie, pure and simple. They also tend to charge much more than the normal price.

• Like 1

Yeah I know. What's TD?
I think that iSwiss site may be a scam as I couldn't find any information about them anywhere. And what about TOR-related sites? I've seen on alphabay sellers like sexyhomer or ReplicAAA who receive very good feedback from numerous customers.

Check reviews for V7, for some reason Toro has taken to calling the latest V7 version 8. 

Do your homework on movements as well. SA3135 is dimensionally the same as the Rolex movement and even looks somewhat similar, but although much improved recently it is not the most robust of movements. Sooner or later you may well need to upgrade to a Yuki movement. Fine as long as you know in advance. If you are looking something to wear as is and not get involved in modding, perhaps stick to an Asian copy of an ETA.

Really it is better to arm yourself with knowledge from the Rolex sub forum so you can make your own informed decisions.

Oh and post a wristie when you get the watch please.

I read that in these models fit movements: Y3135, SA3135, TC2836 and AC2836 or ETA2836. Torobravo offers SA3135 or SW220-2.
well that's hell of choice between them. I couldn't find any offer with yuki movement inside, nor any yuki movement itself (their website seems down). Is really SA movement so bad? How long it usualy needs to brake?

OK, I'll keep that in mind. Found one more thing - a review of that SW-220. Seemingly ETA lost patent on their mechanisms so Selita started to produce their on ETA blueprints. Seems legit to me. Also in that review they stated that SW may be as durable as ETA. I guess that'll be my choice for base watch.