When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JF 16610LV vs. Gen early 16610 (orginally thought a 16800)

Pombok

I appreciated DVNE's observation of the rehaut.  It is tooooo wokky.  I would not wear that watch when the TC is readily available.  It would drive me crazy every time I looked at it.

Compared to the 1989 L series in the original photos in this thread, the rehaut does seem a tiny bit 'shallow', however when compared to modern gens in the other threads on this the rehaut seems perfectly fine. Quite a few gen owners have agreed on this point in the various threads.

By the way the TC is not readily available, TC is on hiatus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rehaut does not look very bad to me. I plan on using the JF LV for a 16800 build (fully aware of the non-gen aspect of the case structure, don't really mind though).

Here is a QC pic for a watch I rejected; the engravings on the rehaut are offset, but it is a straight-on shot that IMO demonstrates the rehaut is not that wokky at all.

IMG_0324.jpg

I reposted a picture of a 'torn down' and stripped JF on RWI but it mysteriously got taken down. It is a bargain of a watch but it is definitely wokky. I thought it was just the crystal that was distorting it but it is not. The pic I saw was the stripped case with no crystal or bezel. It really is wokky but it is still a bargain for the price. Here is another pic I found: image.thumb.png.66c1f1df157e51adb96bab1d1b827322.png

Edited by DVNE
  • Like 1

Mmmmm you're totally right, I concede! Thank you for the nice edited photo comparison.

When mine comes in I'll report back on whether it's one of those "can't really tell on the wrist" things.

If you can show us the bezel construction an confirm if the crystal pops off or not when releasing the bezel (seen something about that problem on RWI).

Envoyé de mon XT1068 en utilisant Tapatalk

If you can show us the bezel construction an confirm if the crystal pops off or not when releasing the bezel (seen something about that problem on RWI).

Yes I can confirm the crystal did pop off when I took the bezel off. The way I prevented this was to take a cloth and apply two finger pressure on the cyclops, then slide the case knife partially under the bezel and carefully remove it; the cyclops stayed in place.

Here's some photos of when the crystal pops off;

0b8f4c40df5bb366c62b3ae1e07998a5.jpg

fa8874ea50c3ab7defd4aab27bcc4e4b.jpg

Yes I can confirm the crystal did pop off when I took the bezel off. The way I prevented this was to take a cloth and apply two finger pressure on the cyclops, then slide the case knife partially under the bezel and carefully remove it; the cyclops stayed in place.

Here's some photos of when the crystal pops off;

0b8f4c40df5bb366c62b3ae1e07998a5.jpg

fa8874ea50c3ab7defd4aab27bcc4e4b.jpg

I wont dive with such a watch

I wont dive with such a watch

Well you see that groove under the bezel, I believe that's a groove for a gasket, the size is 32mm x approx 0.7mm. I've ordered the gasket and with some silicone it should provide a tighter fit and improved waterproofing. The case back and screw down crown will be fine and this bezel gasket should make a difference.

I'll eventually get mine pressure tested, but I don't have a wet pressure tank yet, it's on my shopping list.

• Like 1

Angus said these JF were made to gen spec, but I can tell you right now, that bezel isn't to gen spec, the groove for the gasket which is missing from all the JF subs is not in the correct position.  It should be more to the outer circumference, not so close to the crystal gasket.

Here's an old beat up TC Bezel Retainer for example..

33925228284_26d13e90f8_k.jpgDSC00584 by S STEEL, on Flickr

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 8:20 PM, Pombok said:

Well you see that groove under the bezel, I believe that's a groove for a gasket, the size is 32mm x approx 0.7mm. I've ordered the gasket and with some silicone it should provide a tighter fit and improved waterproofing. The case back and screw down crown will be fine and this bezel gasket should make a difference.

I'll eventually get mine pressure tested, but I don't have a wet pressure tank yet, it's on my shopping list.

Pressure tester is in my DIY list :) and probably a timegrapher