When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6538. An other HR thinned case...

rolojack

That HR case is so thick.... It's definitely better after a little diet! The bezel was carved too to reach a closer profile to genuine. A swiss T39 was shaved and repolished to recreate the same side profile as the stock HR sapphire and so be pressed fit WITHOUT GLUE in place. A clean and tidy build, as the bezel insert was shaved thinner for it be be clipped in as well. No glue here ! All clean and dry fitted.

P1330837.JPG

P1330838.JPG

P1330839.JPG

P1330841.JPG

P1330843.JPG

P1330844.JPG

P1330845.JPG

P1330846.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind comments !!!! Alan: please post pics after you fit in the final dial !!!

I will, I am going to fit a nice hr tudor dial when it arrives or maybe the hr 6200 .
It's going to be very nice

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rolojack said:

The bezel was carved too to reach a closer profile to genuine. A swiss T39 was shaved and repolished to recreate the same side profile as the stock HR sapphire and so be pressed fit WITHOUT GLUE in place.

I bought a HR case a while ago because the side profile shape is very good, closer to gen than any others I've seen, though it does need to be thinned. I like the case-back much better as well. 

In regards to the bezel/crystal mounting, mine is not the gen design using the pressed on retainer to secure the crystal, and the bezel clipping on the retainer with the spring, instead it is the cement-in crystal 'trough'.   Have they changed them, or did I misunderstand your post?  

I bought a HR case a while ago because the side profile shape is very good, closer to gen than any others I've seen, though it does need to be thinned. I like the case-back much better as well. 
In regards to the bezel/crystal mounting, mine is not the gen design using the pressed on retainer to secure the crystal, and the bezel clipping on the retainer with the spring, instead it is the cement-in crystal 'trough'.   Have they changed them, or did I misunderstand your post?  

As I understand it the sapphire crystal is pressed into the rehaut but doesn't have a retaining ring on top, just a really tight fit and a gasket So the plexi is shaped in the same way as the sapphire and also just pressed in tightly with the same gasket being used.
But what do I know I just let rolojack work his magic

7 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

AH Alan so it's yours , wear in good health that is going to be sharp as hell on mate. Man the case work is sublime:drool:Nanuq has to see this one he'll bust a nut!

Thanks man, can't wait to wear it, it's gonna look good 

OK so here it is altho I may change the dial for a 6200 one,
I did another insert as the other one was too scratched.
20170523_113533_zpsxc7dwt4t.jpg
20170523_114009_zpsd9iiw2ry.jpg
14955362780281663416766_zpsvuvdcfcw.jpg

The photos aren't great but I'm happy with the watch, rolojack's case work is fantastic

About 2 hours after I put the dial in yesterday the movement died (cheap dg2813) I thought the keyless felt a bit crunchy when I put it together, luckily I had an old citizen watch with a miyota which is a direct swap so it's all back together and working properly again 
1495628856020-164227826_zpsxjcjydce.jpg

Edited by Alan72

• 2 months later...