When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO gen hands VS Mikey hands?

@antotony0203

Basically.. The Mikey hands are thinner in diameter compared to the gen hands. Gen hands have a pyramid effect once stacked up. Other than that the Mikey hands are great too but obviously, the gens are more refined and better finished in general. That is real itsy bitsy though. 

As for the subdial hands and chrono second hand, they are 98% identical and it's not really worth going gen on them if you ask me. 

Gen: 

tVfBZ0g.png

Mikey: 

Q0ck2dS.png

Edited by QueTip
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 6:09 PM, antotony0203 said:

Is there anyone who could do a little review about the Mikey hands VS the gen ones? 

None of the aftermarket hands today stack (pun intended) up to gen hands.

The gen hands in the stainless steel models are crafted from white gold. The shine and finish from any angle is inimitable by any rep or aftermarket hands, Mikey ones included. 

The "pyramid stack" that my friend @QueTipspoke of is another tell for the newer generation ROOs. The F series ROO gen hands are closer to what Mikey hands are emulating. The G series onwards have the distinctive pyramid stack, polished to a high gloss and beveled perfectly when stacked. This is again missing in the Mikey hands. I agree also with quetip that the Mikey hands are proportioned differently from gen hands. In addition to what he has said, the stem connecting the hand to the hands base looks different in the Mikey version.

In short, there is simply no substitute for gen ROO hands. The differences are both subtle, and yet glaring for those who know them. 

H series gen hands.
2f71e30ce3f7c7bc6aeff1f06046044a.jpg
251ccc89deca9989fb6b9316811d97ff.jpg

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

• Like 1

Awesome thx for the info both of you guys! So with my franken project I rather look for gen hands than but mikey subdial hands should do the job right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For subdial hands go with rep ones.
I do not see the value of having mikey ones as well.

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.
  • Like 1

For subdial hands go with rep ones.
I do not see the value of having mikey ones as well.

Great thx for the info. So I better start looking for gen ruberclad hands :)

Great thx for the info. So I better start looking for gen ruberclad hands

Gonna be close to impossible to find. If Mikey can improve this little details, it would be killer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1