When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is assembly order of the 4 Bezel related parts?

RickFlorida

HI, I have a very stupid question.

I want to make sure I assemble my 5513 bezel correctly since it's very loose so far.

I have one of those swiss after market bezel assemblies like you get from Clarks.  I know that you have to put a little bend in the tension ring to get the bezel to be tighter but I am not positive the correct way to install the tension ring.

Obviously, the retaining ring goes on first over the crystal.  Then do we put the bezel.... then the tension ring on top of that?  Then the Insert.   Am I correct and if my insert is snapping in OK, I simply must add more bend to the tension ring?

I assume that since the retaining ring perfectly fits into the bezel, you DO NOT put the tension ring between them, correct?

I can't find a video or detailed description of installing a 5513 or 7928 bezel.   Which makes zero sense since we see a crap load of bezel videos about the newer spring/ratchet bezels.  But for the 5513 that they made for 40 years and of a million watches.... no videos!  LOL

Thanks guys.

I always put a couple bends in the flat spring to make it look castellated, and put it on the retaining ring. Then I snap the insert into the bezel, then I snap the bezel onto the retaining ring, trapping the castellated flat spring in between.

• Like 1