When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stunning Rolex DSSD build

astonjenks

Guys I am simply blown away with the watch Micky (SSTeel) has put together for me and wanted to share some pics/details.

I have always been a fan of the DSSD as it fits my 8 inch plus wrist better than the regular 40 mm Rollies and has a great weight. I have owned no less than 6 of variants including some very special ones however this must be as good as gen (in some cases better).

We started with a 'newish' version that a previous owner had done some work, namely a relume on the hands and dial and a double AR from Steve (amazing)

The downside was some of the rehaut work and the fact it had an A movement, which is ok, but isn't a Swiss.

So when another DSSD was offered, this time a great BK modded DSSD with a gorgeous Swiss movement I snapped it up!

The brief to Micky was simple, use the Swiss movement, swap out the dial and handset, take the best bezel/case, fit the double AR crystal and refinish all parts into one watch, service to COSC standards and send back! (simple :-)

The photos below clearly show what a truly amazing job Micky has done (yet again for me) and how stunning this watch is. I was in Rolex AD and can confirm that the 'Standard' Gen DSSD visually sits well behind this beauty with the double AR as the whole watch just pops! Its not easy to capture on camera, however the crystal disappears and it looks as if there's no crystal at all!

Thanks Micky 

DSSDar1.jpg

DSSDar2.jpg

DSSDar3.jpg

• Like 1