When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WSO bezel 5513

altesporsche

Hey guys, 

has anyone had quality issues with WSO bezel assemblys for 5513 rolies ? 

I used to buy from them a bit and the quality was decent, but this bezel I just recieved is utter garbage ! And doesn't fit a gen case at all, the friction disk doesn't fit or stay in lol it's just garbage. 

Anyone know of if any other aftermarket bezel makers that are of good quality ? This is for a 5517 build and I don't want some cheap looking bezel. 

Cheers!

C.

Yea I'll give them a shot. Not worried about the polishing as I'm going to age it a little, but This WSO bezel is horrendous ! 

None of the notches have he same depth and they are polished and very smooth. An worst of all, it doesn't fit at all lol IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.62fb2e7bc6075c4236e7c29051625b5e.JPGIMG_5120.thumb.JPG.00a409b7b3ce9ed48d91b84988e7feea.JPGIMG_5121.thumb.JPG.0c8d9e8a7dd16935c494c2590f9e47b0.JPGIMG_5122.thumb.JPG.f2e8af885955b7fa088d879b833d1ed3.JPG

43 minutes ago, Bart Cordell said:

I used a Startime bezel on my Cartel 5512. It's very nice.
c9f56dedc754a5eb53f82913f0917c04.jpg

See this looks great !! Much closer to gen than the crap I got lol. Beautiful watch by the way ! 

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

A couple guys reported issues with WSO bezels, maybe ST or Phong?

Yea that's most likely my next step. 

Also have to press out my strap bars to have the case engraved. 

The case is perfect but sterile. 

Hey guys, 

has anyone had quality issues with WSO bezel assemblys for 5513 rolies ? 

I used to buy from them a bit and the quality was decent, but this bezel I just recieved is utter garbage ! And doesn't fit a gen case at all, the friction disk doesn't fit or stay in lol it's just garbage. 

Anyone know of if any other aftermarket bezel makers that are of good quality ? This is for a 5517 build and I don't want some cheap looking bezel. 

Cheers!
C.

Had exact same problem as you. Bought on eBay from wso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came from Hanoi, from a fella I have not heard of before. 

Its better than the HR case, I'll snap photos of it when I get a chance. 

Yeah it would be nice to see this case.

He sounds like he is the replacement for Tonnywatches that we need. All information will be greedily received. If we get two or three guys happy with him, maybe I can open a discussion and see if we can get a new supplier for the forum. Worth a try.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mini167 said:

I used the WSO bezel to fit my 5517. You can compare your 5513 to my 5517
0a4388aa718d694b478b7eb981764a8f.jpg0910e1fc9e2b82acc7787867eed5beb9.jpg26856bee6147040824eaab4616e3e0a7.jpg

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

If this is a WSO bezel then they changed the supplier because the new ones look nothing like this ?  Nice watch !

• 2 weeks later...

It came from Hanoi, from a fella I have not heard of before. 

Its better than the HR case, I'll snap photos of it when I get a chance. 

Hi [mention=34236]altesporsche[/mention]

Would you put some pics of your case there ... and share your contact in Hanoi if you dont mind

Envoyé de mon XT1068 en utilisant Tapatalk

2 hours ago, manodeoro said:

Hi [mention=34236]altesporsche[/mention]

Would you put some pics of your case there ... and share your contact in Hanoi if you dont mind emoji39.png

Envoyé de mon XT1068 en utilisant Tapatalk

When I establish a good contact with the guy I'll pass along the info. 

This case was brought to me at work, one of my colleagues lives in Vietnam and picked this up for me. It's gone now to have the bars removed to be properly engraved. Once I get it back from engraving etc I'll post photos. 

Apparently my new dial and hands are waiting for me at home also from Vietnam, but a different fella. I'm hoping the quality is  as good as the photos he sent lol

Cheers !

C. 

• Like 1

On 2017-05-21 at 1:46 AM, Revere said:

I'd be thrilled if we got a replacement for tonny. He had good stuff at reasonable prices. It's a shame he went gen-only

There is a good replacement and has been for a long while. Both me and @rolojack (I haven't asked him if he confirms this 100% me writing this) can vouch for them 100%.

It's the same Vietnam-supplier that they all have. MQ-dials, cases etc.etc.

• Like 2

The gan... seller on eBay is Tonny's henchman btw. Be aware that some of the Tonny Dials are different from MQ's, or to be more precise: they are made to a slightly lower standard. E.g. MQ usually uses gen coronets and Tonny didn't have gen coronets his dials (though it's been >1 year since I ordered anything from him, so maybe that changed), the texture, print & ink of the dial can be good or bad (meaning the exact same dial design can look different depending on what dial batch you get).

This is not to say that MQ doesn't have QC issues (he does). No matter from who you order, I would insist on seeing a picture of the actual item. 

Also keep in mind that MQ's pricing is pretty random, if he doesn't know you and you email him, he will quote 750$ a Daytona Dial (I could live with a fake coronet for a dial that costs 1/3 of that). Also, MQ can be very stubborn, even if the Dial just costs him 1$ (hypothetically), he may not sell to you for anything less than the price he quoted the first time, or will just go down by 50$. He won't care if you walk away from a deal. 

MQ isn't the only one who can be stubborn btw, I'm almost certain that all the vendors of these VN parts have to comply with a certain price floor, which is different for each item category. If they sell below a certain price, they will get in trouble with their supplier. That may also explain why some members haven't been able to get cases etc. for less when they paid an in-person visit to the watch shops in Vietnam.

22 hours ago, altesporsche said:

This case was brought to me at work, one of my colleagues lives in Vietnam and picked this up for me. It's gone now to have the bars removed to be properly engraved. Once I get it back from engraving etc I'll post photos. 

Do you remember the price your colleague paid when he bought it locally?