When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WSO bezel 5513

altesporsche

Very true. Working with MQ can be a pain. I just requested a dial from him and I had to ask twice before he sent me a photo of the actual dial I was getting, he previously sent the stock photo on the website.

It's good to know that the pain may be worth it if the dials are made to that higher standard.

18 minutes ago, slay said:

The gan... seller on eBay is Tonny's henchman btw. Be aware that some of the Tonny Dials are different from MQ's, or to be more precise: they are made to a slightly lower standard. E.g. MQ usually uses gen coronets and Tonny didn't have gen coronets his dials (though it's been >1 year since I ordered anything from him, so maybe that changed), the texture, print & ink of the dial can be good or bad (meaning the exact same dial design can look different depending on what dial batch you get).

I confirm black ink on albino GMT dial is fragile. And lume dots too. Lost some while manipulating the dial. Then I decided to remove it all and relume the dial with acrylic varnish based lume mix. Here how the ink react :(

fullsizeoutput_3263.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bart Cordell said:

I confirm black ink on albino GMT dial is fragile. And lume dots too. Lost some while manipulating the dial. Then I decided to remove it all and relume the dial with acrylic varnish based lume mix. Here how the ink react :(

Oh I feel your pain, happened to me several times as well :S I've even had dials where my dust-blower blew off the lume-lots just before assembly.... Even worse are the dials which have lume that's strong enough for the dust blower, but too weak for shipping :bangin: 

On another dial the paint chipped off at the center hole when I removed the piece of paper which the seller stuck into it for shipping.........

13 minutes ago, slay said:

Oh I feel your pain, happened to me several times as well :S I've even had dials where my dust-blower blew off the lume-lots just before assembly.... Even worse are the dials which have lume that's strong enough for the dust blower, but too weak for shipping :bangin: 

On another dial the paint chipped off at the center hole when I removed the piece of paper which the seller stuck into it for shipping.........

Pain is the word… I'm very disappointed for a 200$ dial. Now I'm gonna create a gilt dial to replace this f*cking sh*t.

On 2017-05-31 at 1:58 PM, slay said:

The gan... seller on eBay is Tonny's henchman btw. Be aware that some of the Tonny Dials are different from MQ's, or to be more precise: they are made to a slightly lower standard. E.g. MQ usually uses gen coronets and Tonny didn't have gen coronets his dials (though it's been >1 year since I ordered anything from him, so maybe that changed), the texture, print & ink of the dial can be good or bad (meaning the exact same dial design can look different depending on what dial batch you get).

This is not to say that MQ doesn't have QC issues (he does). No matter from who you order, I would insist on seeing a picture of the actual item. 

Also keep in mind that MQ's pricing is pretty random, if he doesn't know you and you email him, he will quote 750$ a Daytona Dial (I could live with a fake coronet for a dial that costs 1/3 of that). Also, MQ can be very stubborn, even if the Dial just costs him 1$ (hypothetically), he may not sell to you for anything less than the price he quoted the first time, or will just go down by 50$. He won't care if you walk away from a deal. 

MQ isn't the only one who can be stubborn btw, I'm almost certain that all the vendors of these VN parts have to comply with a certain price floor, which is different for each item category. If they sell below a certain price, they will get in trouble with their supplier. That may also explain why some members haven't been able to get cases etc. for less when they paid an in-person visit to the watch shops in Vietnam.

Do you remember the price your colleague paid when he bought it locally? 

He paid $100usd for it. Or so he told me lol 

I used a Startime bezel on my Cartel 5512. It's very nice.

c9f56dedc754a5eb53f82913f0917c04.jpg

Hi Bart,

I want change the bezel ring on my cartel (perfectclones ).

Do you have bought from startime the entire bezel assembly ( retaining ring+bezel ring ) or only the bezel ring ?

If only the bezel ring It rotate correctly over the cartel retaining ring ?

1 hour ago, Dan71 said:

Hi Bart,

Do you have bought from startime the entire bezel assembly ( retaining ring+bezel ring ) or only the bezel ring ?

I can't answer this with 100% certainty, but if the Cartel had a “newer"-style bezel ring, then most likely it also has a thicker/highe of the crystal retainer and the bezel ring won't "snap" on as it should. In short, unless you're 100% that parts are gen spec (and often even though) when it comes to aftermarket bezels, try buying the whole set, bezel ring, tension ring and retaining ring. 

• Like 1

Hi Bart,

I replaced the bezel assembly.

@hologramet I figure that cartel isn't gen spec.
@Bart but do you have try if the bezel ring startime work on cartel retaining ?
There are problem to fit the startime retaining on clark plexi ?

I read that the last wso is bad quality ..
Other option for change only the bezel ring over cartel retaining ?

@hologramet I figure that cartel isn't gen spec.
[mention=7085]Bart[/mention] but do you have try if the bezel ring startime work on cartel retaining ?
There are problem to fit the startime retaining on clark plexi ?

I read that the last wso is bad quality ..
Other option for change only the bezel ring over cartel retaining ?

Didn't tried the Cartel retaining ring with Star time bezel.

The Cartel retaining ring is way too high. An option is of course to slim it in a lathe. But the easier solution is using the crystal retainer included in the bezel assembly you choose.

"...can you post a link to the Clark bezel? Thanks!"

Clark is hit or miss on the bezels.

http://stores.ebay.com/clarkwatchparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This guy usually has them:

http://stores.ebay.com/Rics-Watch-Repair?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

eBay item number  112425341989

He is restocking today, so send him a message or wait for him to put up a new item.

• Like 2