When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Evolving my taste

martijnp

Hi guys,

I remember the day I registed to RWG and it doesn't feel that long ago while this is is actually 4 years ago! 

In the past years I've got (way too) many watches in my collection and I always flipped watches just to try the look and feel of the watch. 

There are watchbrands that I liked and disliked at day 1. For example:

I was really into the brand Hublot. 
I thought Audemars Piguet was't my cup of tea as it was too big or just too much for me.

This completely changed after a while and I didn't like Hublot anymore and I was a serious AP lover.

Same example goes for (vintage) Rolex, Panerai and other brands. Some brands I didn't like at the beginning are growing on me more and more.

What I'm trying to say is that my taste in watches is changing every now and then. 

Evolving my taste. Finding out more about watches, brands and models. 

Now I'm reducing my collection and go to just a couple of watches. 

I'm wondering what's next....
Does it sounds familiar to you?

• Like 2

I joined as a vintage Omega and vintage Rolex guy. I know a lot more about both now. I notice I more or less ignore a watch or brand for ages, maybe years, then think why didn't I notice how cool these are before. I never liked Panerai, but now I'm more and more drawn to them, Patek 3711, same, Royal Oak models have grown on me over the last couple of years, but I blame you and @Legend for that.

• Like 2

Yeah I joined looking for an Omega Seamaster Gen would you believe got a few in the end after working out the tells etc on them, didn't like Rolex at all then boom got into vintage Rollies and Tudor like I had ten wrists to fill never liked Pams or indeed AP and had never even heard of Hublot etc amongst lots of the other brands! Few years on now and my collection needs a sort out soon gotta finish my house Reno and there will be a few tasty pieces put up fs I think! Tastes change all the time and just like clothes watches go in and out of fashion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've currently got a rather limited budget but I don't think that my taste has overly changed. All of the reps I have purchased / built so far were in the rolex / tudor family. Only way my tastes have changed is that I very much prefer smaller watches after starting with the Tudor BB and now mainly either wearing a 40mm rolex (16610 or 1675) or a 36mm 1016.

Though I've no doubt that my tastes will change somewhat when I've a bit more disposable income to experiment with different watch brands.