When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16000 caseback on a 16200

mead861

I would think it would work. The cases are slightly different, but they're both 36mm and Rolex is known for keeping things simple- dial for a 16000 and 16200 DJ are interchangeable even though the movements are different- dial feet are in the same place. Certainly worth a try.

You'd have to fit a plastic crystal on a 16200 case to build a 1016.

I built a 1016 with a 1601 case and it turned out very nicely- can't remember which crystal I used w/o a cyclops- maybe a T-21 and jmb turned a bezel for me- it's WR to boot!

"Does anyone know if a 16000 caseback will fit on a 16200? I need a caseback for a 16200 and was wondering if any other models will fit the 16200."

All steel/tutone 160xx cases have a flat case back gasket (rectangular cross section).  The gasket fits onto the case back and seats against a flat area machined in the case.

All steel/tutone 162xx cases have an O ring case back gasket (round cross section).  The gasket fits into a groove machined in the case and the back screws down against it.

Case backs have the same threads iirc but the sealing methods are different.  Let me know if you need any more info and I will look at the cases.

The 160xx cases have a bit more space (about .4mm) between the case tube center and dial seat than a 162xx case because the 3035 is thicker in this dimension.

"I might build this into a 1016 Explorer. Not sure."

36mm DJ cases:

https://rwg.cc/topic/92875-genuine-16200-case-set/

34mm AK 5500, OP 1002 etc cases:

https://rwg.cc/topic/186991-5500-akexplorer-project-tips/