When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP! Omega Seamaster 2254.50

deandavis

Hi all,

I've been on the hunt for an Omega 2254.50 for ages and could really use your help in finding one.

I've contacted all the TD's and none of them have one in stock, or can get one.

Would really appreciate your help in finding one or if you have one for sale please let me know!

Thanks

I thought I had seen one of these on a dealer's site recently. I can't even remember whether it was a TD or not. Anyway, talk to Mary [mention=79475]marywatch[/mention], if anyone can get it, she will find one.
IMG_7267.JPG.3eae86fed7a8e4a7f1aa9bc09c56be91.JPG
This one?
http://www.pf-818.com/omse10001-seamaster-professional-black-swiss-eta-2824-2.html?___SID=U

Thanks! That's the one.

Unfortunately I've contacted PF-818 already and they don't have it.

I'll try Mary too but my understanding is that they're not making this watch anymore. :(

Shame, it's a great looking watch. M2M or buy the nearest watch you can for the case and buy a dial and bezel from Cousins or eBay. I think the ceramic is available. I don't know if the case is identical, but I'm betting someone here does.

@kernow have you any ideas mate?

Shame, it's a great looking watch. M2M or buy the nearest watch you can for the case and buy a dial and bezel from Cousins or eBay. I think the ceramic is available. I don't know if the case is identical, but I'm betting someone here does.
[mention=55332]kernow[/mention] have you any ideas mate?

Good point! I know MK recently released a new Seamaster. I suppose theoretically I could swap out the dial/Bezel and this would be a match for the 2254. Although not sure if the MK Seamaster would accept a gen dial. Thoughts?

I have the gen of this and it's lovely. I also had a rep with a closed factory case too, which has been sold back to the previous owner. @deandavis like @Sogeha said, it maybe best to franken one yourself (or have it done by someone else). If you can find a blue Bond rep then you are off to a good start. There are lots of people building Seamaster reps, including the 2254, from the newer ceramic Seamasters because the HEV is in a better, more gen like, position. Parts such as inserts, hands and sometimes dials can be found on eBay or if needed at Cousins. @SSTEEL here maybe able to help with the build - he's built several of mine for me with great results. Good luck. 

• Like 2

The new ceramic cases are a little thicker if I remember correctly. A closed factory case is what you really want. However, once on the wrist a ceramic case is very good indeed (I have a bond 50th anniversary).  

I've not seen it so can't really comment, but don't forget the hands too! Sword hands do look good. Here are some of mine. 

Gen 2254. A rep closed factory built by SSTEEL using a gen 2230 dial (relumed in white) and a PO bezel and insert. Finally, the Bond 50th Anniversary. 

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

• Like 1

I've just stumbled across this. They claim to have 17 in stock. I would take that with a pinch of salt, but worth an enquiry 

http://www.silix-prime.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_150_190&products_id=1618

just to be clear, this is not a TD here. Several members including myself have bought from them. Normally I would stick to TD's, but when searching for a watch that is not easily available one most sometimes take chances.

[mention=73322]sogeha[/mention] - thanks a ton for the tip! I tried contacting them but no reply :(

@kernow where did you score the PO insert? My biggest pet peeve on the new MK Seamaster is the insert. The pearl is terrible. Wondering if I found a gen insert if it'd be hard to pop it in. Then I could update the dial and hands like you said down the line. Thoughts?

Hey folks... I was lucky to pick up a gen recently and it's currently in with Omega for full treatment including new bracelet, bezel, crystal, and the usual service items.

I will have a bag of perfectly serviceable gen parts coming back... with the hopefully pristine(ish) watch. If anybody is thinking of a Franken build or just after a gen bracelet that needs a little refurbishment then let me know.

I'm almost tempted to try getting hold of a sillix for a beater. I hope they really do have stock. Good luck [mention=27263]deandavis[/mention]

Pic of mine before it left...

b19d4e7ebd31d0ac8f7eabe79e281bee.jpg

@deandavis My PO insert came with the bezel that I bought for parts.  I don't know which factory it's from but it does look rather good.

Regarding the Silix one posted above, the dial is wrong - this looks to be applied rather than painted. Also the case with have the hev in the wrong position.  

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a blue fantasy 2254 that you could use as a base if you're interested. I'll have to dig it out. You'd need a dial and insert though to make it look something like. It would have the hev in the wrong position though, but at least you'd have the case and sword hands! PM me if interested. The dial - try cousins uk. 

@deandavis@Kernow I have been looking for a gen dial to build something. I've got my Gen 2254.50 back from being completely refurbished and have a bag load of parts to sort through. They refurbished the old bracelet too...

Cousins don't seem to be able to supply the dial MPN 064PP3033033 but there are a couple on eBay at £349

Just need to keep an eye out for base watch and maybe a used dial (unicorn!?)

Just because this discussion needs motivation...5207c2b72d3cdf26f2a7d557634356bc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Honestly undecided@deandavis but If I don't i have a bezel assembly, very decent insert, hands, crown, HEV, bracelet amongst that bag - more than I expected. Couple have been refurbished by Omega (bezel, bracelet) or there was nothing wrong with them and Omega just replace as a standard practice. Some other bits that I can't identify springs and stuff... guessing from the bezel assembly and a very lightly marked crystal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk