When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to purchase a 3135 clone movement

mead861

14 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Thank you. Eagerly waiting build thread on the solid gold sub

Sorry for misunderstanding it will be a 2 tone. I don't think I could rock the solid gold sub? 

IMG_1778.JPG.390869889c72a7dc2dd3e32ae4e4b41f.JPGIMG_1761.thumb.JPG.eae7ad84b228586aac590c4250bc2834.JPGIMG_1760.thumb.JPG.fbfbae02ec82c5dac90ecab7aa0d81e7.JPGIMG_1843.thumb.JPG.3216b88acfc76b548b0d8e61a629398a.JPG

Just the crown and bezel is almost 1 grand!IMG_1716.thumb.JPG.826a98b876c108f4235e8f0d13aeb680.JPGIMG_1714.thumb.JPG.f5d0b0ec097b8888696995ba4e2d7878.JPGIMG_1715.thumb.JPG.a3a501c392812501e31620ad82dc7905.JPG

This is Dial and have 2 inserts to choose from. The dial has been relumed kind of shitty job but the color is fabulous and these are not cheap so it is what it is. The bracelet has gen spring bars, gen end links, aftermarket bracelet, gen clasp to match the 1996-97 era SS only clasp so should be really nice.

The movement will be Yuki with most all gen parts. So stay tuned!

Good project!

I have been thinking about a tutone sapphire submariner project for a long time.  :g:

For anyone wanting a 'low budget' tutone sapphire 16613 type submariner...an ST case and 18k bezel will cost less than a steel 5513/1680 Yuki case.

ST case and 18k bezel = $625.  Add an insert, dial, hands, case tube, crystal, and crown + choice of movement.  A genuine dial could sink the project so you will need to shop around.  I could probably live with a 'refinished' dial from JKtimepiece on eBay or something similar.  If you went with an swisseta 28xx, a finished timehead could come in around $1000 to $1200. 

Add a thick padded Croc strap and a big gold buckle and awaaay you go.  :pimp:

I made (by lost wax casting) a few 18mm heavy 14k gold buckles a few years ago when gold was a little over $300/troz and they came in around $30 each dead cost.  Now they would be maybe $120 or so but still not too bad.  Most genuine rolex type solid gold buckles are skinny (gold saving construction) and only 16mm wide.  Thick padded straps usually have 18mm or 20mm buckles so that is why I made some buckles.

I just now weighed the buckles:  One 14k solid 18mm buckle and tongue set = 4.7 grams.  One 16mm solid 14k buckle and tongue set = 2.2 grams.  No spring bars included.  Gold is around $1250 troz so the 4.7 gram 14k buckles would cost approximately $110 USD to make today + labor and casting supplies.  Be looking at $175 to $200 each from someone you know.  Jewelry store price around $400. 

7 hours ago, gwt said:

Sorry for misunderstanding it will be a 2 tone. I don't think I could rock the solid gold sub? 

Just the crown and bezel is almost 1 grand!IMG_1714.thumb.JPG.f5d0b0ec097b8888696995ba4e2d7878.JPG

This is Dial and have 2 inserts to choose from. The dial has been relumed kind of shitty job but the color is fabulous and these are not cheap so it is what it is. The bracelet has gen spring bars, gen end links, aftermarket bracelet, gen clasp to match the 1996-97 era SS only clasp so should be really nice.

The movement will be Yuki with most all gen parts. So stay tuned!

if you're sinking all this money into a project like this why not get the dial relumed properly first?

21 hours ago, automatico said:

Good project!

I have been thinking about a tutone sapphire submariner project for a long time.  :g:

For anyone wanting a 'low budget' tutone sapphire 16613 type submariner...an ST case and 18k bezel will cost less than a steel 5513/1680 Yuki case.

ST case and 18k bezel = $625.  Add an insert, dial, hands, case tube, crystal, and crown + choice of movement.  A genuine dial could sink the project so you will need to shop around.  I could probably live with a 'refinished' dial from JKtimepiece on eBay or something similar.  If you went with an swisseta 28xx, a finished timehead could come in around $1000 to $1200. 

I made (by lost wax casting) a few 18mm heavy 14k gold buckles a few years ago when gold was a little over $300/troz and they came in around $30 each dead cost.  Now they would be maybe $120 or so but still not too bad.  Most genuine rolex type solid gold buckles are skinny (gold saving construction) and only 16mm wide.  Thick padded straps usually have 18mm or 20mm buckles so that is why I made some buckles.

I just now weighed the buckles:  One 14k solid 18mm buckle and tongue set = 4.7 grams.  One 16mm solid 14k buckle and tongue set = 2.2 grams.  No spring bars included.  Gold is around $1250 troz so the 4.7 gram 14k buckles would cost approximately $110 USD to make today + labor and casting supplies.  Be looking at $175 to $200 each from someone you know.  Jewelry store price around $400. 

I would be interested in one for sure 

15 hours ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

if you're sinking all this money into a project like this why not get the dial relumed properly first?

Have you got someone that will do relumes in USA? Send me in right direction?

21 hours ago, automatico said:

Good project!

But if you are going to do a two tone I believe it need to be as close as possible to gen so the 28-- movement is out of the question. Add in for the gen hands, crown, so on ..... but also if you go bracelet these projects will cost at least $3,000 plus but consider the cost of gen they are going as high as 10,000 for a good specimen and low end junk is still as much as 7,500 to 8,500 so they are a bargain if you want true wearable two tone!!

"But if you are going to do a two tone I believe it need to be as close as possible to gen so the 28-- movement is out of the question."

I don't know about that.  I have a genuine rolex 15200 case/dial/hands/date wheel/case tube/crown/crystal with a nos Eta/Mido 12892 in it and no one can tell it is a 'stein except when setting the time.  An RWG friend in Canada put it together a few years ago and sold it to me before he left the forum.  Rolex 3035/3135 hands are 1.4 .95. .22 and Eta 28xx are 1.50 .90 .25 so genuine hands are fairly easy to fit.  You can also turn the Eta hour wheel down a bit and not need to broach much at all out of the rolex H hand.  Genuine 3135 date wheels turn the same direction as Eta 28xx so they can be used as a dwo.  I put a couple tutone 162xx DJ together using the same components as in the 15200 but used a 2824 base movement.  The outcome of a project like this depends on the skill of the builder so if you can not do it, you may not believe it can be done at a 'reasonable' cost.

"Add in for the gen hands, crown, so on ..... but also if you go bracelet these projects will cost at least $3,000 plus but consider the cost of gen they are going as high as 10,000 for a good specimen and low end junk is still as much as 7,500 to 8,500 so they are a bargain if you want true wearable two tone!!"

I do not know about that either.  I have all the genuine parts except for the dial/case set and the parts did not cost much.  I have two genuine rolex tutone heavy oyster bracelets but do not care for them on a watch such as a 16613 project.  Rather have a strap.  I bought the bracelets without clasps back before prices went crazy.  Clasps...one was free and one was less than $100.  Used crowns were $35 and new were $75.  One bracelet is SS/14k from way back (I've had it 25 years) and the other is SS/18k...both were less than $400 each at the time.

I used the ST case as an example because they are oem spec and the price is reasonable but they have no numbers/letters.

Prices for projects depend on parts and labor costs.  If you buy the parts at reasonable prices and can do all the work yourself...these projects are not overly expensive.

I have posted this before, an example of what a do it yourself no gold project might cost:

MBK 5513 project ended up costing about $1300 the last time around.
$300 for complete case
$102 for Yuki dial
$25 for TC tube and crown
$12.13 for ST hands
$650 for rolex 1520 mvt
$20 for mainspring
$0 for c/o
$85 for replica 358 hoods and put together '93150' bracelet, also have a folded oyster from 'Mary' that adds up to about the same cost.  Use one or the other.
$12 for GS crystal
$68 for ST bezel kit (fit better than MBK bez with the GS crystal that was used)
$25 misc...springbars, gaskets, case screws etc
Had to use a 1575 date center wheel/cp and calendar spacer on the 1520 because the MBK 5513 case is made to 1680 spec, not 5513 spec.  Extra cost is included with movement.
The center sweep sec pivot is the same on 1520 and 1575, the 1575 second hand has a longer tube.

13 hours ago, automatico said:

"But if you are going to do a two tone I believe it need to be as close as possible to gen so the 28-- movement is out of the question."

I don't know about that.  I have a genuine rolex 15200 case/dial/hands/date wheel/case tube/crown/crystal with a nos Eta/Mido 12892 in it and no one can tell it is a 'stein except when setting the time.  An RWG friend in Canada put it together a few years ago and sold it to me before he left the forum.  Rolex 3035/3135 hands are 1.4 .95. .22 and Eta 28xx are 1.50 .90 .25 so genuine hands are fairly easy to fit.  You can also turn the Eta hour wheel down a bit and not need to broach much at all out of the rolex H hand.  Genuine 3135 date wheels turn the same direction as Eta 28xx so they can be used as a dwo.  I put a couple tutone 162xx DJ together using the same components as in the 15200 but used a 2824 base movement.  The outcome of a project like this depends on the skill of the builder so if you can not do it, you may not believe it can be done at a 'reasonable' cost.

"Add in for the gen hands, crown, so on ..... but also if you go bracelet these projects will cost at least $3,000 plus but consider the cost of gen they are going as high as 10,000 for a good specimen and low end junk is still as much as 7,500 to 8,500 so they are a bargain if you want true wearable two tone!!"

I do not know about that either.  I have all the genuine parts except for the dial/case set and the parts did not cost much.  I have two genuine rolex tutone heavy oyster bracelets but do not care for them on a watch such as a 16613 project.  Rather have a strap.  I bought the bracelets without clasps back before prices went crazy.  Clasps...one was free and one was less than $100.  Used crowns were $35 and new were $75.  One bracelet is SS/14k from way back (I've had it 25 years) and the other is SS/18k...both were less than $400 each at the time.

I used the ST case as an example because they are oem spec and the price is reasonable but they have no numbers/letters.

Prices for projects depend on parts and labor costs.  If you buy the parts at reasonable prices and can do all the work yourself...these projects are not overly expensive.

I have posted this before, an example of what a do it yourself no gold project might cost:

MBK 5513 project ended up costing about $1300 the last time around.
$300 for complete case
$102 for Yuki dial
$25 for TC tube and crown
$12.13 for ST hands
$650 for rolex 1520 mvt
$20 for mainspring
$0 for c/o
$85 for replica 358 hoods and put together '93150' bracelet, also have a folded oyster from 'Mary' that adds up to about the same cost.  Use one or the other.
$12 for GS crystal
$68 for ST bezel kit (fit better than MBK bez with the GS crystal that was used)
$25 misc...springbars, gaskets, case screws etc
Had to use a 1575 date center wheel/cp and calendar spacer on the 1520 because the MBK 5513 case is made to 1680 spec, not 5513 spec.  Extra cost is included with movement.
The center sweep sec pivot is the same on 1520 and 1575, the 1575 second hand has a longer tube.

where can I get a 1520 movement for $650?

"where can I get a 1520 movement for $650?"

NOT on the internet.  Bought another 1520 since the 5513 project...544xxxx serial number AK 5500 for $775 with a 1972 dated C&I/rolex signed rivet oyster, all in 85% condition, way too nice to part out.  It looks like it never has been worked on, all screw heads and plates are unmarked, no flop in the rotor axle, probably been in a drawer for years.  I got it at a local flea market. 

Bought a 20mm C&I/rolex signed jubilee and a 20mm C&I/rolex signed rivet oyster last week, $100 for the pair...another flea market find. 

Bought an AK 14010M with 13 link oyster in 90%+ condition just before Christmas for $1000 from a guy needing $$.  This is the 16th 14000/14010/14000M/14010M AK for this price in the past 10 years...about half of them unworn in box (presentation watches).  

You gotta shake 'em outta the bushes.  :pimp:

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 0:48 AM, highoeyazmuhudee said:

sure, give vac a shout. he's a member here on this fourm vaclume@gmail.com

Thanks for that vac I heard of for sure didn't know in con US. I'll contact him what is his usual turn arounds?