When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New guy looking for replica submariner

Hi, I'm new to the site. I was just searching around the internet looking for a place to buy a replica submariner and I noticed you guys seem knowledgeable. I'm not looking for something super expensive, just something that the average person can't tell the difference between the real thing. Hopefully looking at staying under 200 if possible. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance! 

Just now, Sogeha said:

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=122

Have a look at that for a start. I will try to find you something else. It may take a while

Thank you for the help. Looking forward to see what we can find.  Are there certain sites that are trusted? I just don't want to pay money for a piece of junk ya know. 

I have never heard of that site, any of us that have been in the game a while immediately think scam when we see a site we don't know as many of them are. To be perfectly honest if you are looking at that price you are as well on Aliexpress. At least you have some buyer protection there.

There is also a chap Narikaa over at www.rwg.bz He often has watches at $100 to $200 that are reasonable for the money. If you buy from him, please tell him a Mod from RWG.cc put you his way.

Also ask Nembo a Mod at www.repgeek.com he might have something. Again say we sent you please.

Register as a member on the site before buying then you have some hope of Mods helping with any problems should they arise

Ah the legendary question, who's got the best sub?

if it's the 16610 you're after I'd suggest getting the TC, if subs are your thing you will end up getting that one eventually anyway. Right before you go gen that is.

Welcome on board sir, you stumbled upon the beat watch forum out there!

cheers, the Great Dane 

12 minutes ago, Big_dane said:

Ah the legendary question, who's got the best sub?

if it's the 16610 you're after I'd suggest getting the TC, if subs are your thing you will end up getting that one eventually anyway. Right before you go gen that is.

Welcome on board sir, you stumbled upon the beat watch forum out there!

cheers, the Great Dane 

One of these depending on your wrist size. OP was looking for something at a little less than $3 billion

IMG_7286.JPG

IMG_7287.JPG

I've been away from the site for quite a while, and this post made me smile. At first I smiled because it's a perennial question that will never go away. Then I smiled because at least two veteran members chimed in with no sarcasm or malice and pointed the new guy in the right direction. This place is just as great as when I last I signed on. That makes me happy!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 10:13 AM, BrandonKirk25 said:

Thanks for all the help guys! Glad I stumbled across this forum. 

Definitely avoid the link you posted, $99 is simply not possible for any quality 16610 with a decent movement (not to mention that the watermarked photos are from a different site to the site it's on :p )

On 5/27/2017 at 7:37 AM, Sogeha said:

One of these depending on your wrist size. OP was looking for something at a little less than $3 billion

IMG_7286.JPG

IMG_7287.JPG

Just notices those crown guards, I'm in love :p

On 5/26/2017 at 5:48 PM, dovo1695 said:

I've been away from the site for quite a while, and this post made me smile. At first I smiled because it's a perennial question that will never go away. Then I smiled because at least two veteran members chimed in with no sarcasm or malice and pointed the new guy in the right direction. This place is just as great as when I last I signed on. That makes me happy!

Some things we strive to maintain.Try that/this on other rep boards they have a no flame section for noobs pray tell why, we do not need it............ telling. It's all you need to know on where to hangout even for veterans.

I am very proud and honored to be serving here.

• Like 3

I also want to take this opportunity to express my appreciation. None of the pseudo elitist bull you so often read on other sites. Only real gentleman with a good set of manners here. 

• Like 3

To the OP, first welcome aboard. We try hard to treat new members with respect and patience. Most of us " old guys" remember when we were noobs and most of us stayed here because we could ask questions with out being insulted or flamed.
We may not be the biggest, but we are the best!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember back in the days, I was not even aware of the existence of submariners . Just à Panerai guy. Then over lurking some forums for years, talking to people, reading hours and hours..
Took some YouTube and DIY watchmaking class..
10 years after I'm building passionately Franken subs and GMTs..
Some guy at work trying to (nicely) impress, asked me about my gen 16600 : "Oh, did you know that your Rolex watch is made from a special steel?"

And we discussed about 316, 905 etc for 2 hours.
And Switzerland trips just to approach the holy grail.
Crazy world of Rolex technical aficionados

• Like 1

I remember back in the days, I was not even aware of the existence of submariners . Just à Panerai guy. Then over lurking some forums for years, talking to people, reading hours and hours..
Took some YouTube and DIY watchmaking class..
10 years after I'm building passionately Franken subs and GMTs..
Some guy at work trying to (nicely) impress, asked me about my gen 16600 : "Oh, did you know that your Rolex watch is made from a special steel?"

And we discussed about 316, 905 etc for 2 hours.
And Switzerland trips just to approach the holy grail.
Crazy world of Rolex technical aficionados

Seems to be the opposite transition to most. I definitely started wanting a sub when I came to the forum (originally wanted a 16613 which I think my tastes have changed from) and have yet to jump from Rolex mainly as they have the most parts and the builds are pretty damn fun but if I had a bigger wrist I'd definitely have a Pam by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk