When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Diver Mvt Swap

Been looking through all the treads though still a bit confused at the movement swap issue for the Diver.

Is it correct that the ETA2824-2 a direct swap of the Myota movement to give a low beat? The dial feet will fit correctly onto the 2824-2? And the ETA will sit tight inside the case?

The option of Speedmatic is not the choice in view of the long term potential problem of it.

Any expertise advices is very much appreciated.

Cheers.

ETA 2824-2 is a high beat movement 28,800

Yes it is a direct swap.

Best movement for the swap is a Tissot Powermatic 80 movement. This is a low beat 21,000 modified 2824.

There is another movement you can use which comes from the Swatch Irony range of watches but I think there is an issue with dial fitting you have to overcome?

This is the thread I have read about the potential problem of the Powermatic 80 mvt.

So does it mean the dial from the Miyota mvt will have it's feet sit correctly onto the ETA2824 should I decided to forget about the low beat issue?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, the PM80 (lol at Speedmatic, but I knew what you were saying) DOES have a plastic pallet AND plastic escapement -- no thanks!! I just verifed this by re-reading.

Next, you CANNOT do a mvmt swap or low beat mod to a Miyota!! The hands will not work, the DW doesn't either, mvmt tabs won't line up, and as I recall I think even the dial or dial feet will cause a problem too. This paragraph is from memory - but there are definitely issues & I believe those are the main ones!

Buy a Diver with 2824 mvmt if you want to do ANY mvmt modding!!

This is info posted from a VERY prominent member & a friend, I didn't figure it out and taking no credit - simply repeating it. Take it as 100% true though!!

Good luck!