RWG
rolojack

Rolex 6238 Bombe case by Asprey of London

I love the shape of this case. In my opinion it would look great on a bi-compax. I have the pictures saved from on eyou showcased before.

10 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I love the shape of this case. In my opinion it would look great on a bi-compax. I have the pictures saved from on eyou showcased before.

I agree a bi-compax would look great like that! Actually, the idea of Asprey is a combination of real facts: Bombe case: for Eaton. UK. Custom designs: for Asprey, UK as well. All made in the 60's. So here is the math. Bi-compax odd designs are 30's. Sold in Latin America and Italy. Different sprit... I've never seen a bombe made in that period, but why not re-write history? It's the whole point of this funny business: have fun creating unique time pieces... real conversation pieces!

On 31/05/2017 at 7:41 PM, slay said:

Nice work! How did you do the engraving? By Pantograph? 

Joe did them. His work is so tidy, I don't need to get to do it myself !

On 6/7/2017 at 9:43 AM, rolojack said:

Joe did them. His work is so tidy, I don't need to get to do it myself !

It looks wonderful! Who is Joe again? I only remember RedBigJoe or BigRedJoe and I assume the Joe you are referring to is not him :bangin:

10 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Neckyzips I would imagine @slay

ah yes, of course - that rings a bell. I somehow assumed Rolo must be talking about someone in Europe :whistling:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.