When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Outfitted my TC case w/ a Preik caseback

Revere

8 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Looks very good to me.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, DC109 said:

Can we see the front?  I'd love to know how the JF dial lines up with a TC case, given that the JF rehaut looks a little wokkier.

Here you go, just took this. It lines up very well; the bezel is a little rotated CW, so that is why it is not centered with respect to the dial. With this in mind, it suggests to me that the only way a JF rehaut could be wokky is if it is shallower than gen. That would also suggest that the case construction is not 1:1, as it would require the movement to move further forward in the case, and would alter the crown position.

If I have this wrong, I welcome someone to correct me.

j1U9rAn.jpg

Edited by Revere
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Revere said:

With this in mind, it suggests to me that the only way a JF rehaut could be wokky is if it is shallower than gen. That would also suggest that the case construction is not 1:1, as it would require the movement to move further forward in the case, and would alter the crown position.

If I have this wrong, I welcome someone to correct me.

The wokkyness of the case has nothing to do with the movement location or stem height. The angle of the rehaut wall is the only thing that is affected.

Beautiful combo BTW!

Wokky is wok shaped or concave, so the top and bottom positions of the rehaut wouldn't necessarily be affected. I don't believe that the JF is any where near as 1:1 as is claimed, just because it takes gen parts, doesn't necessarily mean it is gen construction in the details.

I'm a little confused then. If the JF takes a gen crystal then the top of the rehaut must be the correct diameter, right? 

Similarly, if the JF takes a gen dial, then that dial aperture must also be the correct diameter. 

If I'm right, then the angle of the rehaut can only be varied by differing the distance between the planes of the top of the rehaut and the bottom of the rehaut, no?