When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

London attacks

Nanuq

36 minutes ago, Nanuq said:

Our hearts go out to the people attacked tonight in London. What a terrible thing.

Be safe, people.

I can't believe this is happening again, only a few days ago we had this very discussion after that tragedy at the concert in Manchester. My thoughts are with the families affected and the people of London and the U.K. who once again see the ugly face of violent extremism on their soil

....and please check in UK friends...

Agree sir, I just read about the attacks. Hopefully the perpetrators will be caught or shot quickly. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the innocent folks who were out having a nice peaceful Saturday evening and were caught up in this cowardly act of wanton violence.
My thoughts after reading this was how this would play out down here where I live. A whole lot of folks have concealed carry permits and are packing all the time. Those guys with knives would have been in for a really unpleasant surprise. The old adage, "never bring a knife to a gunfight"!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a sad sad world we live in now. :(

Unfortunately if there is one thing the Irish conflict taught us it's that there is no easy fix.

I still think everyone should just get out of the Middle East and let them sort their own problems.

Ken

• Like 2

That is the point though Mike, the majority of these attacks now are home grown terrorist so there is no real military way to stop them.

We need to get out of their countries, let them slaughter each other if need be but don't give them the excuse to continue these attacks in the west.

Ken

Just read this thread. Now watching the TV. Shocking. The three perpetrators have been shot dead - if it were me their families and associates would be next. Disgusting people. 

Morning guys, I was on the bridge at 4pm yesterday. Weirdly I was walking over thinking if someone came down the road in a car etc would I jump into the water.

Then last night we were getting into a cab on tower bridge and looked over to see police vans flying across the bridge responding to the incident. 

We were in Borough market yesterday morning as well. Very surreal visit to somewhere I've known for years.

Now sat in a hotel 5 minutes around the corner 

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Just read this thread. Now watching the TV. Shocking. The three perpetrators have been shot dead - if it were me their families and associates would be next. Disgusting people. 

Glad your safe my friends (close call DH) and my reading on the Brits was right, fed up. As you can read above kernow now on board w/ draconian solution,things going to get ugly when the majority who in the past were against such things are ready to take any and all means to put a stop to it.

Hey you guys crazy give your police guns every last one of them.

Just read this eyewitness account:

" These three police officers came running towards him (man w/knife stabbing folks) with their batons drawn, they didn’t know what was happening, they just came running towards the incident. Bravery, I wish them all the best, all they had was a baton. "

6 hours ago, KB said:

That is the point though Mike, the majority of these attacks now are home grown terrorist so there is no real military way to stop them.

We need to get out of their countries, let them slaughter each other if need be but don't give them the excuse to continue these attacks in the west.

Ken

A logic that one need only sadly look at the likes of countries like Sweden or France to see is unfounded. Would have been a great logic many years ago but it is not the beast that has been let in and politicians with riches and permanent security will continue to do so as they will not die at the hands of these fundamentalists, and if they play their cards right they will get the votes of both the terrorists and those who support them. A truly sad state of affairs to see, I just hope that people stand up and do something instead of letting this truly become "part and parcel" of life in the west as Khan would have it.

For me: get rid of their families. Anyone proven to be a terrorist will have their families (insert punishment here). It is the responsibility of their friends, family's and associates to stop these attacks. If they, for one minute, believed that their loved ones would suffer they'd think twice before committing such atrocities. 

Vote Kernow on the 8th June ;)

• Like 1

I agree of course a civilized society can not go after families and relatives of these bastards but right now when emotions are running wild it sure seem like a viable option. I really don't think there are any easy solutions to this but I think most people would agree that this can't go on. At least it surely get harder and harder for the people claiming that these are just isolated incidents with no connection to anything whatsoever....

i really think a lot of this has been caused by a far reaching consensus in some European countries that they need to save all these refugees without really thinking the scenario out fully to the end. Many 'refugees' aren't real refugees but just people from failed states looking for a better future. I don't blame them - but it's a serious catastrophe for a Europe who has left their boarder wide open.

personally I feel Merkel has a big stake in this problem but I don't know enough about German politics to really validate my statement. Perhaps some German friends can give their thoughts on that...

i just think it's - yet another - looming disaster that has been set off with the best of intentions :( 

Oh forgot to mention. I really doubt whether going after their families would help much anyway as these don't seem to care about them selves or their loved ones. Only their sick agenda of holy war or whatever medieval stupidity they believe in.

I am just an observer but it looks to me like many countries (USA, France, UK, Germany etc) allow these things to happen in the name of political correctness and diversity.  One PC & D example = unbridled 'immigration'. 

After one of these shattering events, the politicians say to themselves 'so what? just a little collateral damage' and get back to taking bribes and doing favors as soon as their two minute 'we will stand together' televised speech is over and done with.  

Then it's back to business as usual.

Imho the majority of today's national politicians do what is best for their countries only when they see the headlights of the tar and feathers truck.  The USA saw headlights but the politicians can not stop fighting each other long enough to do what needs to be done. 

Business as usual.

• Like 1

Glad to know your ok DH I agree wholeheartedly with Kernow on this, get the perps whole family, inc distant cousins etc and deport the lot, wouldn't take long and the communities they live in would soon be letting the police etc know if anyone was even thinking about doing this sort of crime. I'm all for immigration given the right conditions are applied, I watched on tv just other day a guy who was waiting for his wife and kids to arrive from Syria at Heathrow, he was proud that he'd got into the Uk on a truck then claimed asylum and then the family coming over to the Uk, whilst I have empathy for him I would have bounced him straight back to Europe had he got here illegally, if you want to get into Uk you should go through the proper channels, I emigrated to Oz only after jumping through hoops for 18 mths in order to do so
I know my view is a narrow one but the Uk is only a small island we cannot and should not Pandy around to the PC politicians and allow just anyone in, my 2c and rant over
My heart goes out to all that are affected by the cowardly actions of a few extremists yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Big_dane said:

Oh forgot to mention. I really doubt whether going after their families would help much anyway as these don't seem to care about them selves or their loved ones. Only their sick agenda of holy war or whatever medieval stupidity they believe in.

As the Sgt said word will get out on the bad guys once you start deporting in mass. Watch how quick these guys get turned on with the fear of going back to the hell holes from which they came in the mix, better to live in the UK peacefully which is all we want.

• Like 3

The majority of peoples worldwide are honest hard working citizens. It is the few from whatever religion that spoil it for, and give a bad name to, the masses. Sometimes you need to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Just saying. 

• Like 1

Just a quick point on what I stated about home grown terrorist.

These are people that have been born in the countries they attack, some have roots to that country going back further than those calling for deportation.

So in fact you are not calling for the deportation of a few unsavoury types but in fact every single Muslim, in the UK that is about 3 million so no it is never going to happen.

For that fact alone the focus must be on trying to stop or reduce these attacks by other means.

I think that Theresa May has taken a step in the right direction by looking at shutting down the online networks used by these people to communicate and recruit, sure it's not eye for an eye stuff but start an all out war with the Muslim religion and the death toll is going to be thousands of times worse and that is not the world I want to leave my daughter.

Ken

Oh I saw May's speech and I must say well done bully for her no punches pulled, hopefully the Brits have another iron lady at the helm they sorely need that in these times.

PS There maybe 3 million Muslims but no one is deporting them all that is a straw-man assertion.

• Like 1

This topic I try to refrain from posting on because I fought these bastards face to face and they have zero worth for human life if it means proving something for their glorious Mohammad. 

There are a lot of good points here fellas, but the biggest problem that holds the civilized world from snuffing this fire before it gets worst is political correctlness. My country is one of the worst for it and it makes me sick that every time This sort of horrible and unthinkable thing happens we get the safe speech like my weak prime minister gave today "I strongly condemn these acts" .. then do zero about it. I hate to say it but we need a world leader not to just start killing them or deporting them, but making them fear the consequences of these actions and by whatever means necessary make them feel this. 

Im not that old, but I grew up in a world where people in my civilized part of the world respected one another, people were free to believe what they believe but they didn't push it in your face. 

In my country now almost weekly you hear of another way the Muslim community wants to be accommodated. I don't feel we should ignore them but they need to understand it's give and take, a two way street. They want tolerance then they should tollerate and stop trying to change every country they move into. 

Many world leaders and and men of power in the past have warned about this... years, hundreds of years and thousands of years... but we are now blinded by our PC nature of not offending someone. somenone has to start pushing back. Not with the same violent force they demonstrate, but still one that inflicts great fear. 

Meh just my two cents.. I've watched people die in front of me because of these bastards.. I don't like to talk about that time in my life, but it's given me a great hatred for everything that religion stands for. Muslims are not all and people, but the religion they follow is one one hatred towards anything that is not in their good book. No matter what way you slice that cake it's still the same.. 

• Like 1