When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer vs. Rolex Daytona Rep

Spectral

217 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best rep ?

• Breitling Navitimer
    • Rolex Daytona

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One has an Asian 7750, the other has an Asian 7750 with 11 transfer gears added.

The Daytona is much less inherently reliable.

And as bignasty has shown, in the breitling the ETA is a direct swap and takes very little work, so if your asian craps out you can get your watch back up and running instead of throwing it away.

And as bignasty has shown, in the breitling the ETA is a direct swap and takes very little work, so if your asian craps out you can get your watch back up and running instead of throwing it away.

Which ETA do you mean?

7753?

Nope... that's the modified Asian 7750 (7753 lay-out with the date @ 4).

Which creates the date gap problem. I guess if that bothers you you could pick up a gen 7753 for $400 and swap.

I agree that the brietling is the way to go unless you're prepared to shell out $2500 and spend a year+ sourcing parts for a el primero powered Frenkentona like ubi just finished doing (I am only 3/5 of the way finished doing after 14 mo. Major headache.). The post-2000 daytona rep is just too much of a crap shoot--plus, even if you luck into a "good" one, it will have an unfixable flaw--it's about 2mm too thick.

Nope... that's the modified Asian 7750 (7753 lay-out with the date @ 4).

Just to add another variable...PT has a Navi black in a Lemania movement...is it something worthy to be considered? :g: I dread Asian Valijoux movements...no specific reason, just a gut feeling... Who carries the best navi? or they are basically the same piece...

Thanks and Cheers! :victory:

Alex

Edited by Alextor

You've got to be kiddin'... a Navitimer with a Venus copy (also wrongly called Lemania)?? :thumbdown:

There are plenty of old Navitimers without date... and with Lemania hand wind movement. I mean, who can keep up with the couple of hundred different Navitimers? Sure it would be a hybrid, but not necessarily a bad option at all.

Check this Navitimer resource. TONS of different variations, even more than Speedmasters.

http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/navitimer/index2.htm

You've got to be kiddin'... a Navitimer with a Venus copy (also wrongly called Lemania)?? :thumbdown:

No kiddin'...check his line up...is the last one under Breitlings...black face Lemania movement...and is a Lemania (like the Lange movs) because....it has a clear back case with observation glass ...how about that?

What do you think?

Cheers :victory:

Alex

Edited by Alextor

• 3 weeks later...
No kiddin'...check his line up...is the last one under Breitlings...black face Lemania movement...and is a Lemania (like the Lange movs) because....it has a clear back case with observation glass ...how about that?

What do you think?

Cheers :victory:

Alex

at this time ruby at rwi has the most accurate navi with the new 28,800 asian movement. it has the correct dial, sub dials and date window. it is killer and i have a white one on it's way with a ss band and also a brown leather band thrown in just for good measure! lol

her e-mail is goldmedal88@126.com her service is killer and she picks out the watch at the factory and e-mails you a picture before she sends it for your approval. you can't beat that!

Sorry for what sounds like it might be a stupid question, but am I understanding correctly that the Breitlings Ruby has DON'T have the extra gears? Even with the sub-dials at 3,6, and 9, and with the date at 4 o'clock?

Thanks. . .

Sorry for what sounds like it might be a stupid question, but am I understanding correctly that the Breitlings Ruby has DON'T have the extra gears? Even with the sub-dials at 3,6, and 9, and with the date at 4 o'clock?

Thanks. . .

thats correct, she has got the best one you can buy. i've got a white one on it's way. i can't wait!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is not strictly true. It has extra gears, just not as many as the Daytona, and none on any stressed parts. It's a reliable enough (it's still an Asian 7750) as a configuration.

Also, don't go assuming the 28k Navitimer is better in every way than the 21k, as the slide rule on the new Navitimers doesn't line up perfectly, which is why you'll not see it set right in dealers' pics as they don't want to draw attention to this glaring fault.

Having said that, I have one (finally) and I love it.

• 2 months later...
I have the new 28.8 Navi. True the slide rule numbers don't line up perfectly, but we're talking about half a whisker.

As a pilot friend of mine once said, "if you're down to calculating fuel use and rate of descent on your watch, you've probably got a lot of systems malfunctioning and you should really focus on getting the plane on the ground".

Yet I use my slide rule for currency and weight conversions, so I'd prefer something a little more accurate. Oh and it's a little more than half a whisker.

196788-2852.jpg

• 1 month later...