When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Vintage Subs thin case mods better explained...

rolojack

So, here is what is done better explained with a quick sketch of the mod performed. Skecth is just for illustration, it is not a working drawing...

The top of the case is shaved slanted: looking at the drawing you will understand why I believe it is the best option.

Shaving it flat can't work as we can't modify the inner part of the case on a budget as that would imply very expensive works that would exceed the price of a Vietnam made case. And the point here is to stay around 1/2 the price...

Therefore, you can all get now why the retaining ring has to be modified too to sit properly on the case.

Here is a case un-mounted, so you can see the shape of the parts. Once it is assembled you can't see at all that slope. That's the trick !!!! Now you know.

Enjoy the pics.

P1340050.jpg

P1340052.JPG

P1340053.JPG

P1340054.JPG

P1340055.JPG

P1340056.JPG

P1340057.JPG

P1340058.JPG

P1340059.JPG

P1340060.JPG

P1340061.JPG

P1340062.JPG

P1340063.JPG

P1340064.JPG

P1340065.JPG

P1340066.JPG

• Like 9

Thanks !!! Also: you can see the refinishing done between the lugs. I have the proper tootling to do that for a few month now and I can prepare the ideal gen like surface for engravings. No more weird / hectic erasing of the cartel engravings. it can be done perfectly. Cartel shape is concave there. After works it is flat as it should be ! So, if you need to prepare a case for engravings I can help.

• 9 months later...

Hey folks,

I'm quite new in the "modding myself" world. I built a 1016 already from a jmb V1 case and want to start a tudor 7928. I have a lot a newby questions like what do you use to reshape the case? by hand altering file and sand paper? 

Thanks for your help,

cheers