When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My stunning blue daytona, a labour of love FS on the board

astonjenks

It's a beautiful piece old friend, hard to imagine you're letting it go! Some lucky buyer will have a real conversation piece with this one.

Fantasy is a bit of a loose word when applied to watches. This is an aftermarket dial and insert fitted to a rep watch. I would hazard a guess that most of these parts are fitted to genuine Rolex watches. Now Rolex doesn't approve of this kind of thing, but there are numerous boutiques and a growing number of individuals who fit aftermarket parts to genuine watches.

So it is a rep of a watch that isn't available from Rolex, but certainly could and possibly does exist as a customised gen somewhere.

Whatever. It's a beautiful watch in my opinion and it would be hard to find a better seller.

1 hour ago, philwongnz said:

Wow really? What is the reference for the gen? Never came across a navy/blue daytona before. Will be keen to learn.

They must be that rare, I cannot find a single one via google, apart from Bamford, who make custom Rolexes.

• 4 weeks later...