When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new toy

dieselpower

True dat!  Don't be facing west when you gas it, you'll speed up the rotation of the Earth!

Of course I don't have the same fear with my old Land Rover.........

lugnuts.JPG

A friend used to buy and sell these about 15 years ago when they were cheap. I said at the time get a good one and throw it into storage as they'll be a future classic. Did he listen, errrr no. 

I hope it goes as good as it looks. 

Thankyou gentlemen.

I'm familiar with KWE but it took me ages to find a car that had not been molested. Mine is totally factory original, warts and all and that's the way I like it. 

@ StoneP - You're a man after my own heart. I love both the 635 and the SEC whatever engine is in. An SEC was a consideration for me but I have got a 300CE already and fancied a change from the Germanic predictability of the Merc. The Jag has impressed me so far and I've lost count of the amount of compliments I've had from other road users already! I am at an age when I remember this car replacing the E type and I must admit it was a bit of a disappointment at first. Then again it had big boots to fill. Now it has matured really well and is a testament to Malcolm Sayer and Bill Lyons judgement and after all who are we to question two such men? It's not a car for the environmentalists though. I live in London and according to the trip 'computer' I am averaging 7.5 mpg around town. I drove from Manchester to London the other day and got 25mpg though :-)

@ kernow - I paid less then £10k for the car which I still think is a bargain. It is as they say a lot of car for the money. I reckon these are going to increase significantly in the next few years. After all at the time the only other V12 road cars were coming from Ferrari and Lambo. So, dust of your wallet, hit the interweb and join the V12 club and just watch your investment take off. The days of a sub £10k V12 classic coupe from the guy who designed the D Type and E type are not going to hang around for long. Oh and it's the last car to be signed off by Mr Lyons, the founder of the company. Pedigree's don't get much better than that. Racing history? Look at the ETCC.

• Like 1

Meep...don't forget the incredible BMW 850!!
I owned a M635csi and a 380SEC back in the 90s. Both great cars and I miss the 380...was such a cool ride. But...the 850 is a future legend in my eyes and I promised myself when two of my four kids have left the house I'm going to get me a nice 850 :)

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware!

And...it's a 12 zylinder :)

• Like 1

Proud BMW 8 owner here since 2007 :-)

If anyone is serious about picking one up, please contact me offline, I have owned 3 of them and still have this one since mid-2007. I will NEVER sell this one!!! I know a lot about restoring them and am a veteran member of the E31 Carclub

03d81727e99e005e3b3a1e9b0e18887a.jpg345b3dc524f027b4619ecf60043021d1.jpg

Still hunting for a Jag!!! It's next one fine day!!

• Like 1

Proud BMW 8 owner here since 2007 :-)

If anyone is serious about picking one up, please contact me offline, I have owned 3 of them and still have this one since mid-2007. I will NEVER sell this one!!! I know a lot about restoring them and am a veteran member of the E31 Carclub

03d81727e99e005e3b3a1e9b0e18887a.jpg345b3dc524f027b4619ecf60043021d1.jpg

Still hunting for a Jag!!! It's next one fine day!!

That a real B12@eunomians??
@dieselpower...exactly my thoughts...in 10 years the 8series is where your Jag is now...and my two oldest are out of the house so ;):D

[mention=52726]docthor[/mention], it's not a B12 but it has a louvered Alpina hood installed. A few years ago we had a few made but I think only 2 (maybe 3) of them actually made it out into the wild. Then the fabricator vanished. The hood louvers and Naca duct are fully functional.

151de94e9bb2d95a5cf88357984676a3.jpg

Speaking of Jags... Those Jaeger and also those Smiths cluster gauges drive me wild!!! Makes sense for a watch guy!