When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Planet Ocean bezel

wraithride

I've been lusting after a 45mm PO with the orange bezel for quite some time, and I recently picked one up from one of our trusted dealers. When it arrived, I was surprised to find the orange color of the bezel was off a great deal from the original, and it was super shiny to the point of almost looking like orange/bronze chrome. I love everything else about the watch, but the bezel color is really bothering me. I've noticed that all the dealers seem to have the same model in stock, and I don't believe that buying another watch in the hopes of getting a more realistic color is an option.

So, it seems to me I have 2 options if I want to keep this watch and enjoy wearing it. 1. find a complete bezel and try to replace the one that came on the watch with an aftermarket one, or 2. try and replace just the bezel insert. My watch tinkering skills are very low end, so I'm trying to get a sense of which option makes the most sense, and has the least chance of messing something up. I'm assuming I'll need to pick up some tools regardless of which direction I decide to go. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated here.

Cheers!

WR

Ah. Yeah, the issue you have is because its a BP model. There's no easy solution. You cant buy noob crpo parts, thats out. No way to tell if gen parts will fit, if you can even find them or wish to pay that much. You could try buying a V6 factory insert but again, no guarantee it will fit. Another option would be to purchase the BP factory black ceramic bezel and swap that onto it.

• Like 1