When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Date Sub from PureTime. (Comparison to 16610 from iOffer)

BigTon26

Hey everyone! So finally my first rep from a TD came in, shipping took about 8 days which is not bad. Shout out to PureTime for the quick responses and making sure everything is perfect. This is a 114060 with an Asian 2813 movement, I was looking to buy something less expensive than a 250-400 dollar rep so I decided with this one. Without further a do here are the pics!

19434f966b52f51f79bc9b42f598a1c9.jpg3ce6aac765406db59cf02857fba0319a.jpg889409323fffd10415803e5a739e688c.jpgc674895e46151dfcc268dd8b7e56af26.jpg

My initial Reaction to the watch was that the weight was much more present compared to my 16610. The 16610 was purchased for 25 bucks through iOffer, not a horrible beginner (kept time for a couple of months) but does not come close to PureTime. The only mods on my 16610 is a replaced ceramic bezel. Ioffer sent me a Pepsi bezel so I decided to purchase a replacement on amazon and swap it out. Another flaw that was sent was a GMT two-tone bracelet rather than just a stainless steel one. Let the photos speak for themselves!

2a8f9c5e7e5a4d5c5574b60946174a87.jpg

5698621b9b90f0169fe00188232d61e0.jpg

Well that's about it guys, as I said before this version of the 114060 itself is least expensive compared to a noob v7 or a 1:1 but I wanted to start with an inexpensive daily and move on up. Let me know what you guys think!

Both watches look good from ten feet away. The most important thing is - are you happy with them? If yes, then they are good buys.

I am a newbie myself and have bought my share of "beginner" reps, including the one you showed in the photo.

These beginner reps are certainly cheaper, but looking back I wished I had saved the money and spend on a Noob V6/V7.

The differences are great between this and that (once you learned to recognize them).

• Like 2

Well said. I have never really agreed with the idea of beginner reps. In our hobby, like most things in life, the expression "buy quality, buy once" will serve well as a guide to the least costly way of going about things in the long run. 

Cheap watches can can be fun, I've got a few, but I don't see them as beginner watches that one will quickly grow disappointed with. I bought mine knowing exactly what they are and are not, so the disillusion never set in.

• Like 1

Thankyou guys for the thoughts, I agree with the wasting money part because at the end of the day I most likely will end up purchasing a noob v7 around December but here was my test prior to doing so. So far the watch is keeping time and looks fine. Will keep updating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk