When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3646 - Tuning

Ozerov

Hello everyone, friends! :wave: 
I have already created a construction magazine for this project and many have already seen this watch. But very often it happens that the improvement of the design takes place in the course of time. Thanks to good gentlemens of our forum Emilio666 and td64 I was able to change сg and сb.
Case modification Silix 3646
Custom Plexi Vulcano
Custom СB Gunther Lehmann
Hand Adrian
Movement 6497-1

• Like 1

Very nice result!  :tu:

Can you show "before" and "after" pictures of the case, so we can see how it was modded?

There are many tutorials here showing problems with Rolex cases, and how to fix them.  We need the same knowledge about Panerai and this is a great place to start!

I strongly second that @nanuq As I have said before I am trying to learn about Panerai builds and the options available as I intend to get some builds going before long. It looks to me as if that case has been on a diet and I would love to know the ins and outs

Initially it was the standard 3646 from Silix 47 mm. You are right, I had to remove a little "meat", so that it had the form of type-F.

Step Two. Trying ears.

35412657966_63896b8b99_b.jpg

In this photo you see two silix. Сali  without modifications of the case geometries.

35285815382_0ed64f7ac6_c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nanuq said:

Very nice! Can you check your photos in your prior post? I'd love to see the before and after shots as you shaped the case.

I published all the photos that I had in the archive.

Ah, now I see them, on Tapatalk they don't appear on my phone.

What specifically makes a "Type-F" case, and how many Types are there?

I see you were trying different "ears".  That's one thing that bugs me about my Rolerai 3646, the lugs stick straight out.  Can I dremel them to make them fit the holes looser, then solder them in angled downward?  Is that the preferred trick?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...