When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

XM195

Hey I couldnt find any recent posts regarding Planet Ocean replicas, so I decided to start a new one.

I was looking for PO replica for a long time, and noticed a few strange things.
Here are three replicas that I liked most (puretime)
1. https://puretime03.com/planet-ocean-professional-titanium-v6f-11-best-edition-45mm-on-titanium-bracelet-a8500.html
2. https://puretime03.com/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836.html#
3. https://puretime03.com/planet-ocean-professional-ceramic-bezel-42mm-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

I'm completely confused with those models. There are so many of them. I had a gen same as number 2, but pearl was exactly as number 1. What's more, the number 2 is different from the one on omega site (https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/planet-ocean-600m/omega-co-axial-435-mm/21530442103001/) is it some older model? I really like number 1, for its color and that pearl which reminds me of gen, but is it good enough?
Sorry for any mistakes, I'm not very good at omegas.

The first one is 45mm and the other two are 42mm, so that is a difference straight away. The other two are reps of different versions of the genuine Omega 42mm

The newer PO 8500 is 15.7 mm Thick (42mm) and has a ceramic bezel insert
The older PO 2500 is 14.2mm Thick (42mm) and has an alloy bezel insert

No worries mate, it's tough getting your head around all this detail in the beginning, I still remember struggling to make sense of it all. If you are after the earlier model then all the old posts on Ultimate PO are where to look for information. I don't believe the bezel insert was ever much liked and many swapped out to a genuine part

• 2 weeks later...

Still totally confused :)
Dear Omega owners, please check those links and tell me which you like most. I need to be sure which version is best. Dont mind the sizes and colours. I've tried 42, 43 and 45mm and all are great. Same thing with black/blue colour.
1. Black 43,5
2. Another black 43,5
3. Black 45
4. Black from first post
5. Blue 45
6. Another blue 45
May the best win!
vox populi, vox dei

Thanks for your time and patience, I'll take your choices and suggestions very seriously.

I've not checked all the links you posted. All replica watches will deviate somewhat from the gen. if it's only the pearl that looks off to you then that's an easy fix. Don't get too caught up in AAA+ and 1:1 reps - there's no such thing, it's only marketing to get you to buy! Pick your favourite and go from there. Enjoy, relax and bear in mind you're spending probably 10% of the cost of the gen. 

• 3 months later...

Thread revival!

Alright, so basically I've done some research, and regarding thread on RWI I decided to buy PO GMT.
It's indeed really well done, but I see one flaw, tell me please if I'm right. For example this one has smooth. glossy bezel.
The numerals seem flat, and I've seen a gen one on chrono24 which had them like rolex - carved in a bezel and matt, but another one had those numerals flat and shiny!
I'm a little confused about this. I thought maybe I could replace the rep bezel with a gen one, they're not really that expensive, but will it fit in this case?

Thanks for help! :)

On 8.10.2017 at 8:07 AM, XM195 said:

I'm a little confused about this. I thought maybe I could replace the rep bezel with a gen one, they're not really that expensive, but will it fit in this case?

Afaik, the vendors will sell brand new gen bezels only as a kit; bezel and insert, you still need to find the bezel springs somehow. E.g. such gen kit is approx. $400 for SMP and $400-450 for older PO models, and it is only about the aluminum inserts. Frankly speaking finding a gen ceramic insert is almost impossible imo.

You mind sharing where did you find gen bezels/inserts?

You mind sharing where did you find gen bezels/inserts?

Well I couldn't find any on the internet. You're right, these pieces are hard to find.

That's why I'm still confused. I'm torn between CPO blue and a gmt black with other numbers on dial. The advantage of CPO is for sure good case sizing, gmt is a little too big. But I don't know. Personally I think I'll put my trust in a TD and get a CPO :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, XM195 said:

Well I couldn't find any on the internet. You're right, these pieces are hard to find.

That's why I'm still confused. I'm torn between CPO blue and a gmt black with other numbers on dial. The advantage of CPO is for sure good case sizing, gmt is a little too big. But I don't know. Personally I think I'll put my trust in a TD and get a CPO :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "blue CrPO" is called TiPO ;) and imo it's a great rep.

For 42mm personally I would've go for a BP cause it is titanium case + titanium bracelet, V6 42mm is ti + steel while 45mm is ti+ti.

GL and enjoy!