When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Someone from conus could help me with USPS ?

themannier

Hi friends !

I really need to know if anyone could help me with USPS ; i have tried to contact them through their site but it's near impossible as i am based in France !

I know it's a lot to ask but i try :notworthy:

The problem is the following; i send back a part to an Ebay seller based in conus called Detroitwatchworks   here http://detroitwatchworks.com/  and it appears from the tracking that the postman was unable to deliver due to a wrong adress ???:g:....The seller confirmed that he never heard of this package indeed !

Then, this package sould be returned to me in FRANCE but it didn't moved from the post office since the june 7.

If anyone here could just contact the USPS customer service to know first why it wasn't delivered, then if this thing will move to France, i would get a great help...Thanks in advance !

Detroitwatchworks adress is   42810 Mound Rd    Sterling Heights, MI 48314

Thank you bro' , i hope so 

The only way to contact USPS customer service is through e-mail.
The telephone line is a black hole.
Hit the email option and fill out "where is my package?" form with tracking# and address info. This is the only way to get a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all my friends !  I wasn't able to use the usps email called "where is my package" because you need to enter the tracking number and it dosen't work because it's a non usps international tracking number...I can't pass this step on the site !

However my tracking number is knwon by usps tracking.

I have tried to contact them by phone but i didn't got anyone...Maybe i did a mistake  when i chose the service(department) on the phone !

Thank you all my friends !  I wasn't able to use the usps email called "where is my package" because you need to enter the tracking number and it dosen't work because it's a non usps international tracking number...I can't pass this step on the site !
However my tracking number is knwon by usps tracking.

I have tried to contact them by phone but i didn't got anyone...Maybe i did a mistake  when i chose the service(department) on the phone !

PM me with all the info and I'll look into it tomorrow.

Hey Indy, you're a good guy for picking up this ball. I would suggest using the destination zip code to figure out the actual post office it was last tracked at and use local directory to get the phone number of that office and speak to the postmaster there for starters. Don't waste your time with the national number, it is miserable and hellish.

• Like 1

Hey Indy, you're a good guy for picking up this ball. I would suggest using the destination zip code to figure out the actual post office it was last tracked at and use local directory to get the phone number of that office and speak to the postmaster there for starters. Don't waste your time with the national number, it is miserable and hellish.

Thanks! Yes sir I know what it's like dealing with the USPS! Can be a real PITB CONUS! Couldn't imagine international!

I agree, contacting the local PO is the best. Was the address on the package the same as the website address? Even if your tracking number was and international number, the postal service should be able to find where the package is.
How was it sent? Registered mail, EMS, etc.
Hopefully you can get this resolved with the help of our kind brothers here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing to add to this, just saying that sometimes things take an age to be resolved. My wife sent a package to Brazil that went backwards and forwards between the UK and Brazil 4 times as undeliverable - is was small enough to carry with one hand. Every excuse came out; recipient not at home to parcel too big to deliver. When it arrived back home some 6 months later we never resent it as the newborn baby was too big for the clothes which were in the parcel!

6 hours ago, indywatchguy said:

Thank you my friend, will let you know all the details by PM !

@panerai153 the package was sent with priority mail international, called "colissimo" in France !

33 minutes ago, kernow said:

Nothing to add to this, just saying that sometimes things take an age to be resolved. My wife sent a package to Brazil that went backwards and forwards between the UK and Brazil 4 times as undeliverable - is was small enough to carry with one hand. Every excuse came out; recipient not at home to parcel too big to deliver. When it arrived back home some 6 months later we never resent it as the newborn baby was too big for the clothes which were in the parcel!

This should drive me crazy, haha !!! :rolleyes:

Got an update! Seems it was returned to you in France, possible illegible address or missing zip code. You should receive it in a few days. Also talked to Detroit Watchworks they never received it and first time they've ever had this issue. Watch repair guy Jason sends apologies.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, indywatchguy said:

Got an update! Seems it was returned to you in France, possible illegible address or missing zip code. You should receive it in a few days. Also talked to Detroit Watchworks they never received it and first time they've ever had this issue. Watch repair guy Jason sends apologies.

Waouh !!! Great bro, you did a awesome work for me...and you got Jason by phone ? I was in touch with him !

The good new is that the parcel should go back to France :lol:

A great thanks to you again indy, i really appreciate what you did !

• Like 1

Waouh !!! Great bro, you did a awesome work for me...and you got Jason by phone ? I was in touch with him !

The good new is that the parcel should go back to France :lol:

A great thanks to you again indy, i really appreciate what you did !

Yessssir talked to him for about 15min nice guy although I'm sure he wondered why I didn't have a French accent. He did say you all had been chatting through eBay. My pleasure to help.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, indywatchguy said:

Yessssir talked to him for about 15min nice guy although I'm sure he wondered why I didn't have a French accentemoji57.png. He did say you all had been chatting through eBay. My pleasure to help.

Haha ! :lol:  My french accent is terrible and  to have a conversation with him should be fun !

A nice guy indeed who sell some good gen parts at good prices !

[mention=73322]Sogeha[/mention] You're welcome! Just helping out a fellow brother! Throughout the years I've received a wealth of knowledge from you guys! That's the least I can do. A simple act of kindness goes a long way! Pay it forward! Yes this is the spirit of our community here at RWG! My very first and favorite watch forum!:1a:

• Like 2