When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would a dial from DG 2813 fit on an eta 2836?

horologist

Hello to all,

I am in the process of replacing my dial on my yacht master as dial feet broke off when watch fell off my wrist many moons ago.  It is powered by a eta 2836 as expected for such reps.  I have been searching for some years and finally found an identical one on raffles website but it  is meant for a DG 2813 -  whatever that is??:bangin:  Now for those familiar with dial changes, would a dial for a DG 2813 fit onto a eta 2836-2 without having to remove dial feet??? If I need to glue new dial, I might as well glue the one I have!

Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

Have you thought about having a watchsmith expoxy new feet on your existing dial?

Yes, but they broke off again after a few weeks!!!  My understanding is that the need to be properly soldered with the right equipment as any excess heat from any other soldering methods can stain through the front of the dial.  In theory, I am sure it can be achieved, but it can exceed the cost of a replacement as it can be time consuming and most watch smiths I know don't seem to be keen on the idea even when I brought in genuine dials.  Thanks for your input!!

15 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Many watchmakers suppliers offer dial feet which are suitable for expoxying to the dial. It is tricky to do but it is a way out of your problem.

Good to know!!  Will look into this further unless it is what had already been done on mine before they broke off.  I will see on ebay and order a sample to practise on a scrap dial. Will be  good learning experience and meanwhile if a spare comes my way nothing is lost!  Thanks again!! :)