When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Gen hand, how to stabilize lume

cib0rgman

I am sure that someone has done this before, I have this set of Gent 1665 hands or better said Gen Rolex hand that fit a 1665, some of the lume if coming off, What can i do to stabilize it and stop it from keep falling off?

Cheers

Cyb

Well...never tried sticking loose lume on any hands worth over 50 cents a dozen but I have fogged a very thin coat of clear paint on the underside of quite a few ratty hands without getting any in the holes using a spray can from a distance.  For higher $$ hands it may be better to use an air brush.  This can change the lume color though.

If you spray the hands laying on a sheet of paper, piece of wood etc the paint may stick the hands to the paper/wood etc and really make a mess out of it...you want the overspray to go into the air.  Put a toothpick through the holes and stick the other end into something...I use modeling clay.

Try this on a few $0 hands first.  No guarantees.

Never had a lot of luck brushing paint on hands because it may go on too thick and can pull more lume off of the hands.

• Like 1