When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Vintage Daytona cases... ST19 vs V72 Q and A

rolojack

I've often been asked how a modified ST19 case compares to a Vietnam V72 case, the latter known to be the closest to gen you can get.

Even if I always answer after my mods the cartel case is very close, I'd say 99% because pushers and crown position SLIGHTLY differ, I feel I'm not believed...

So here you go !!! See a Phong case beside a Cartel case. Both refinished of course as a stock Phong case isn't that exciting... And you can see for yourself how similar they are on the outside. I won't say which is which... I let you guys guess since some say it's obvious.... :partytime:

It's often stated as a no go the cartel is thicker. It isn't much, it's because of the stock shape, very straight on the sides, that one you'd get the illusion it's much too fat. A V72 movement is not taller than the ST19 (Venus 175). ST 19 is a larger diameter, but that doesn't show once cased.

Also, at the end, see a genuine bezel beside a combo of a cartel bezel modified with a Vietnam insert and reshaped. Of course the font differs, I've never seen a 1:1 rep of a 6263 insert, but overall we're there ! It's close enough to be enjoyed when worn. Pictures are unforgiving...

End word : a ST19 build is about 1/4 of the price of a V72 build...

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

deleted image.jpg

• Like 2

Nice comparison tks for sharing ..[mention=43268]rolojack[/mention] I have a doubt about the diameter of case and bezel of this rep..because I have read that the cartel is 38mm but the genuine was little maybe 37 ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...