When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible to fix slipping clutch in the crown???

Timelord

I have a planet ocean 45.5 mm omega rep which has a faulty crown.  It screws on and off well but when turning it to set he time nothing happens.   I even checked the stem inside and it s definitely turns when I turn stem with  a tweezer

Ideal all solution is to buy one - all good in theory provided  it was available for sale, but as with rep parts  we know the same old story.  So I am stuck with making the most of what I have.   I recall reading years ago on one nawcc  site that.a certain guy named  Steve Maddox writing up about repairing them, but am not so sure how to go about it.  I am all ears for any feedback with thanks

13 hours ago, aflop said:

I believe you are facing a keyless issue. Simple fix for anyone who is well versed with the movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wished!!!!!! I replaced the uncut stem with an arbitrary crown and  all the time and date  setting worked normal, so I am certain it isn't keyless works.   

10 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Thanks !!!!  Just what I was looking for and at the same time dreaded, as it would have been easier to replace the crown provided they were available.  Interesting read, however the photos would have helped if they weren't removed,

very educational !!!!

Some crowns can have their clutch repaired, but many cannot, and those that can, you need a good staking set to reform the shaft if its not an internal clutch screwed housing.