When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cyclop has gone opaque!!!

bertieng

Just took out of my PAM027 with real ETA/soprod module iyt if the storage box, and shocked to find the cyclop has gone opaque! No idea why it happens. Anyone has the same experience? Anything can be done to get it cleared again? Ir do I need to change to a new crystal with cyclop? I only found aftermarket crystals in the bay with cutouts on the crystal's backside to act as the cyclop instead of an actual cyclop sticks onto the backside. Is this correct?

And there are so many different crystal sizes available, what is the correct dimension for the PAM 027? Thanks for any advices.

PAMY cyclop opaque.jpg

Edited by bertieng

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What version is it?

By the look of it it doesn't have the cut out cyclops but rather a cheaper glued one.

Might just be the glue going opaque or getting loose, if it is a crystal with the cut-out cyclops it won't just go opaque, might need a good clean

Some safes have fireproof capability, which means the lining has a moisture component.  Mine is like that and I have to leave the door open periodically to keep it completely dry inside. 

Perhaps some moisture migrated in beneath your Cyclops?  Try baking it in the sun. 

If that doesn't do it, we have tutorials here about removing the Cyclops with a razor blade and gluing it back down.