When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My training season has started!

By-Tor

Not active on the forum for a long while and not hitting the gym. Only one thing does that to a man, you have children don't you? The good news is that with determination you can recover. I was very fit in my youth, then children and a demanding job came along. I reached my late forties with a very middle aged, high mileage and damaged body, but I hit the gym again and now I am very fit, my gut has gone, my back pain isn't bad. I'm less than 75Kg and bench press reps at 120kg

• Like 1

Yeah that was it man. The usual story. Kids, work and family. 

I was in great shape ten years ago. I weighed 270 pounds at 6'3. Now I weigh a lot less but the weight has been "transformed differently". :D

Even 45mm Omega PO was wearable back in those days. I'm in my mid-fourties now and I can't lift my old warmup weights. Hard to find motivation.

sXSz7yD.jpg

I hear ya, I used to do sets with declined bench and 90lb dumbbells. No big deal. Now I much prefer climbing quiet rocky places with the dog.

64d07bfbde612aa3c139bb194627ccd2.jpg

b0e1e36726b28ad5df8452f7d657cd59.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Not active on the forum for a long while and not hitting the gym. Only one thing does that to a man, you have children don't you? The good news is that with determination you can recover. I was very fit in my youth, then children and a demanding job came along. I reached my late forties with a very middle aged, high mileage and damaged body, but I hit the gym again and now I am very fit, my gut has gone, my back pain isn't bad. I'm less than 75Kg and bench press reps at 120kg

120kg for a 75kg body weight is very strong brother.

How did you manage to achieve that? I am about the same weight at you, but cannot go beyond a 100kg bench press. 

Will it help if I remove the spiderman spandex costume I wear to the gym you think? :partytime:

• Like 1

Spider-Man outfit is probably more practical for the gym than my Jedi Knight robes. On the other hand the force is strong with sogeha?

A lot of Asians are lactose intolerant, if you can drink milk, drink a pint and three raw eggs on the mornings you train. It definitely gives a boost. 

Spider-Man outfit is probably more practical for the gym than my Jedi Knight robes. On the other hand the force is strong with sogeha

A lot of Asians are lactose intolerant, if you can drink milk, drink a pint and three raw eggs on the mornings you train. It definitely gives a boost. 

That's definitely some racist talk bro lol I can definitely drink milk. If you don't believe me ask my lactating neighbor

I tread softly along the fine line separating raving insanity and lucid moments of ingenuity. The issue is I've no idea which is which mostly.

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2017 at 11:21 PM, Sogeha said:

@Sogeha Why would you bench press reps? Are reps better than gens when it comes to bench presses - sorry for the noob question. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

@kernow Simple really 120kg of gens would cost too much. A Rolex Submariner is around 130g, which means I need 923 of them at $8500 each or $7,845,500-00 

I think that answers your question 

@Sogeha Thank you for your prompt reply. Gosh I feel stupid now. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night my Personal Trainer took some fresh pictures so he can track my progress and identify any weak areas.

This one explains a lot, I don't often see my own back, but I was kind of wondering why none of my clothes fit anymore

Not too shabby for a 54 year old

IMG_8571.JPG