When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix 3646 case Help

Msuwendy

Hi recently i just obtained the old solix 3646 model, but something just not right, i got the low bezel without any threaded part in it and the back case with threaded parts on the outside (ill attach some picture later) i kindda need help they are not attached to each other, i've search the net that it needs mid innner case do connect the bezel, midcase and case back together, Question is may i know who sell the mid inner case? and an associate of mine told me that i might need RIVER help, so kindda confused where to find him/her regarding this matter

i bought this case 2nd hand and have little knowlegde about the homage world

Thanks

Ps: the previous owner said that i need to mod the case which is a pain cause i know nothing about it untill i have it in my hands

silix 3646.jpeg

This Silix was modernized by one of the members of the forum. The internal diameter of the body was increased in order to install the threaded ring. You need to make a ring for which you can install the СB and bezel.

35990820106_ca2666c37d_b.jpg

What he said ^^^

There are different movements that will fit the midcase.  Different rings exist to hold the movements.  Fit your assembled movement+dial into the ring and slip that assembly into the midcase.  Then the bezel screws onto the front of the ring, and the caseback screws onto the back of the ring, creating a sandwich with the movement inside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozerov said:

This Silix was modernized by one of the members of the forum. The internal diameter of the body was increased in order to install the threaded ring. You need to make a ring for which you can install the СB and bezel.

35990820106_ca2666c37d_b.jpg

Thanks for the reply, yeap im aware of that also the bronze color movement holder, but the question is which one should i buy and where to obtain it? cause here i dont think i can obtain this kind of threaded movement holder with that kind of detail thread. 

seems to me that the threaded movement holder might the answer but the problem is the top bezel got no threaded parts to attach to it

3 hours ago, Nanuq said:

What he said ^^^

There are different movements that will fit the midcase.  Different rings exist to hold the movements.  Fit your assembled movement+dial into the ring and slip that assembly into the midcase.  Then the bezel screws onto the front of the ring, and the caseback screws onto the back of the ring, creating a sandwich with the movement inside.

Hi, sorry i forgot to mention, i will install the molly movement to it, so now the question is, where can i obtain it and will the top bezel fits to threaded movement holder

Hmm, to me this looks like a standard Silix case. The Silix is not gen spec with a "sandwich design" (ie threaded midcase ring) - the bezel is press fitted to the mid case and a 6497 fits without any extra rings. Have you tried just fitting your parts?

Crown looks custom though and could need some work (retapping hole, securing crown tube of right size etc) - a way around this is just to find a standard silix crown. Depends on how much mod work you wish to learn and do.

6 hours ago, ogladio said:

Hmm, to me this looks like a standard Silix case. The Silix is not gen spec with a "sandwich design" (ie threaded midcase ring) - the bezel is press fitted to the mid case and a 6497 fits without any extra rings. Have you tried just fitting your parts?

Crown looks custom though and could need some work (retapping hole, securing crown tube of right size etc) - a way around this is just to find a standard silix crown. Depends on how much mod work you wish to learn and do.

It's really Silix with a modified design. The inner part of the body was enlarged in diameter to use the ring. On the ring should be placed bezel and сb. The crown gen was also used from old pocket watches. The strap fasteners are also made solid.

crown

Panerai-Radiomir-Rolex-Ref.-3646-vintage

On 7/22/2017 at 5:23 PM, ogladio said:

Thanks for the info given, to be honest i have no idea whatsoever on how to assemble the watch, but as newbie as it can be i can see that it will not fit to the case and i know there is a missing parts in it

i wont be using the crown cause i have no idea how to mod the inner thread so it will fit to the case

On 7/22/2017 at 11:25 PM, Ozerov said:

It's really Silix with a modified design. The inner part of the body was enlarged in diameter to use the ring. On the ring should be placed bezel and сb. The crown gen was also used from old pocket watches. The strap fasteners are also made solid.

crown

Panerai-Radiomir-Rolex-Ref.-3646-vintage

Thats what i thought too, but the problem is even if i have the inner ring it still wont fit the CB and Bezel cause its not in the set, the CB got outer threaded and the Bezel need to be press or at least thats the info i was given

On 7/23/2017 at 1:36 AM, ogladio said:

PM sent!

Thanks for the PM

Im thinking of just selling the Silix Press Bezel, the CB with the kampf marking and the Crown from the vintage pocket watch

anyone have any idea how much does this set worth? it will be a bunch of help at my end for my budget

I bought this building from one forum member for 85 dollars. Separately,

I bought a СB -35 dollars and the Crown cost 55.

I also gave you an extra plexi.

I sold you this kit for 110 dollars. ;)

3 minutes ago, Ozerov said:

I bought this building from one forum member for 85 dollars. Separately,

I bought a СB -35 dollars and the Crown cost 55.

I also gave you an extra plexi.

I sold you this kit for 110 dollars. ;)

now i know hahaha, haven't try the plexi yet though but i think one of it shud be fine, and plexi still usefull, the bezel?

i need to clarify here that i have no intention in disrespecting the seller or even mocking the seller for this matter, here i just want help for me on order for the case to be useful with all the parts included in it, by now the original seller already helping me via insta and from this forum, if anyone have any additional solution please help

if possible i would like to use the remaining parts and not selling it thanks

sorry if by opening this forum i accidentally offended someone

Edited by Msuwendy