When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are rolexes cheaper in florida

cib0rgman

I moved to Florida back in January and noticed that everybody wear some kind of Rolex model. I am thinking that the market here is better for the buyer or i could be wrong. Maybe Floridian like to pretend they have money like me with a fake Rolex. lol! many of the one I had seen look Gen watches, I could be wrong.

Do not know about Florida but they call them Texas Timex down in Texas from what I hear.   :pimp:

Saw a guy from Dallas at a watch show 20+ years ago who had a bunch of yellow gold Day Date models in a brown paper bag that he had taken in at his pawn shop.  I asked why he had them in a paper bag and he said:  "To keep from getting robbed in the parking lot, nobody pays attention to a guy with a paper bag."

I was wearing a yellow gold E. Gubelin on a leather strap at the flea market a while back and a guy said:  "That's a purdy watch, whur'd-ye-git-it-at?"  I said:  "Wal Mart."  He said:  "Yeeeah, I seen-em down-air.  Mite-git-me-wun."   :huh:

• Like 1

I don't think they are ? Florida is home to a LOT of wealth. Our zero state income tax and beautiful weather is very attractive. If you are a millionaire on the east coast of the United States you likely own a vacation home in Florida and fly your other millionaire friends down here to show off your millionaire lifestyle. It is a naturally "showy" culture down here! Fishing on yachts and golfing looks look better with a Rolex on!

Pawn shops in Texas used to be the best place to find used Rolex watches. Every time the oil prices cratered, the pawn shops got a load of Texas Timex's, !! Every "oil man" sported a yellow gold day/date!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1