When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top-10 most embarrassing Rolexes ever

By-Tor

Not referring to the watch looks in that case but to the name and function. Not that it's the only one though. I just picked it up "randomly". "Sky Dweller". Yeah right.

Read Explorer II function... "tool watch", yeah.  Let's be honest... GMT is cool, a basic dive watch is cool, chonograph is cool... but rest of these "functions" are nothing but pretentious bullshit. 

The watch is powered by a 26-jewel, caliber 1575 movement, and features a number of characteristics aimed specifically at cave exploring. Among these are a date function, a stationary bezel with 24-markings, a 100 meters depth rating, and a large, brightly colored 24-hour hand. The idea behind these features was to provide a watch for speleologists, who Rolex claimed, “soon lose all notion of time: morning, afternoon, day, or night.”

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

So cutting through all the flowery language, you are saying that is Nanuq's personal watch, yes?

He may be a closet bling lover but I can not say for certain.................where these things resides is the question of the ages. ( I would stop it into dust if the strength remained after such a hideous site) are they in the box of raging queens or among us?

Where it resides? WHERE IT RESIDES???!!!???? I see what's going on here... you're trying to get me to tell you the super ultra secret location of the Nanuq Timepiece Repository and Burlesque Emporium.

Well it won't work. IT WONT WORK I tell you!!! My precious is tucked away safely in the ice and stone, slumbering amongst its brethren (and busty burlesque broads).

You can never know the location! Nobody can ever know the location!!! Not even me!!!!!!!!!

But I can show you the plans. Keep these secret. Nobody must know.

3ad834b4b7d285124a5df562c67416d5.jpg

6b6a29c2af41748f13fd6b22bd488b74.jpg

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

• Like 1

@Sogeha, I took that one off a dead guy down in Tuntutuliaq so I have no idea its provenance. I think it's safe to say it was spotty at best.

But the idea of a contemporary dial with gold surrounds, combined with that cheeky triple red ink, all in a NCG case... it was too edgy, too... daring to pass up.

I toyed with the idea of turning it into a Milgauss, and ultimately gave it away to a guy that told me the name of an antelope. Long story.

My God!!!!!!!!!!  Right there, in the flesh..... I've heard the rumors but discarded them as nothing more than schoolboy fantasies.

A 5-liner black dial Yacht-tona?  I would have scoffed that you were joking, but the photographic proof is indisputable.

All Hail the Yacht-tona!  Your Great-grandfather was a man of means and discernment.  :notworthy:

Thank you for sharing!  Sorry, I'm feeling a bit emotional........    :cry2:

I'm open for trades. Send me $5K to my Swiss bank account and that 1675 and you'll get the Yacht-tuna. 

Ah well... let's be generous among friends and let's make it $6K.

Waddya say?

You mean this nasty old beat up 1675? No way... I can't take advantage of an old friend like that. The Yacht-Tona is irreplaceable and almost infinitely valuable. My 1675? Not so much.

b622fb2723be57b7baa789145c27a894.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...