When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lolex watches Rep or gen?

bjarneb

Hi all ..

Been member here for ca 10 years and have made a post almost every year. So I am in the inner circle now I guess .. 

My first rep was when I got my hands of a beauteful watch on a business trip at Chenzen, China.
Thought the logo was a bit strange, but after I found out that most people in East Asia pronounce
R as L (Like "Malbolo" for cigarettes) I knew it was a real one.

lolex.thumb.jpg.0c52bc261cd3cb00e49ee5c5487ffa0e.jpg

Later on, my interest for watches grew, thanks to the rep (leplica) society actually.
I still could not affford a Lolex watch with an R, but it was still a dream.

In 2006 I bought my first Lolex. And this time it was a real one .. with an R .. GMT 2, black dial.
I remember I was bit dissappointed because it was so light. Thought it would weight like 2 kg's
since it was real one. I felt the money spent were soo wasted. 

From that time to now, life has been good and it is easier to make priorities. I still kind of use
my money on watches. Simply because a watch is a peace of art. There are 3 million copies
of a Mona Lisa painting. But if you own an authentic one, then you will know the feeling.
Now I own 3 Mona Risa paintings. Bought them in Chenzen, what a nice city and
friendly people .

I will get married next year (!), and have one simple question actually (sorry for the bla bla above).

I will wear a gold Rolex Daytona, green dial in the wedding. It is a beauteful peace of art.
Is it worth it to pay for a gen? Or would a rep be just as good? Ot just buy a rep first to
get the feeling of it on the hand? It's a huge amount of money to spend, so I am in serious
doubts here.

Have a nice weekend :)

And by the way .. who has the best rep? ... :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your engagement!

I would say, go for the rep. Try it on. Wear it every day and see how you feel about it. If you love it as you do now, go and buy the gen, if it feels "like any other watch", dont spend that much money on it look out for that watch that does make you happy, every day  :)

• Like 1