When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris goes back in time well................

Mike on a bike

Well just spotted this one from Oris put out at Basel this year, well done you decide.

01-733-7737-4053-07-5-19-23-Oris-Chronoris-Date_Original_6819.jpg

IMGL4093.jpgIMGL4094.jpgIMGL4099.jpg

IMHO a bit pricey @ $1499 USDs for SW200 but I like!

bracelet

01-733-7737-4053-07-8-19-01-Oris-Chronoris-Date_Original_6887.jpg

Specs:

Country of Manufacture Switzerland
Bracelet Strap Stainless Steel
Case Stainless Steel
Case Back Solid
Case Width 39mm (1.535 inches) x 12mm
Clasp Type Folding
Crystal Sapphire Crystal
Dial Color Grey
Functions Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date
Gender Men's
Hands Superluminova
Dial Markers Superluminova
Brand Oris
Warranty Full Factory Warranty
Movement Automatic, Calibre Oris 733, base SW 200-1, 38 hours power reserve
Water Resistance 100M

Link            http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches/oris-watches/chronoris-date-bracelet-39mm-01-733-7737-4053-07-8-19-01

Holy Super Compressor, Batman! Shazam! Pow!

Me likey but not enough to spend that kind of coin on it. For that price it's competing with Glycine, Tissot, Waltham and Fortis Marinemaster Super Compressors. Those are dangerous odds.

"IMHO a bit pricey @ $1499 USDs for SW200 but I like!"

"Me likey but not enough to spend that kind of coin on it. For that price it's competing with Glycine, Tissot, Waltham and Fortis Marinemaster Super Compressors. Those are dangerous odds."

"can't get my arms around the price point as we all agree but this look on the nylon strap well I could get stupid one night..."

Yep.  I can not climb on their bandwagon, they cost too much...that and the fact their name begins with the letter O.

When I think of Oris, I remember all the pin lever junk they cranked out for so many years. 

Maybe they could come out with a similar watch in a pot metal case with a 1 jewel movement for $79.  :pimp:

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! Two crowns is a asset for me and historic as well as astheticaly pleasing, I will check this out at the Mall, Oris are one of the more competitively priced brands while still giving quality and design IMHO.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of the "Art Deco" watches from the 70's. I know that Oris makes some nice watches, I have had a couple in the past, but they never stuck around for long.
Like others have said, it seems pretty pricy for a SW200 movement watch. At that 1500 USD price point, they are in some pretty tough company. Not sure how easy it is to find Oris at discounted prices, but to me this is a watch that should be in the 1K range rather than the price stated.
Just my dos centavos!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk